Halloween Monster Pet Mat

Lately I have been trying to learn to quilt. Time has gotten the best of me and I haven’t been able to try much, but I did manage to get a dish mat done for my cat, Tipsy.

Tipsy has CH which affects her balance and coordination. She has to use an elevated bowl and she pecks at her food. She also has to eat on the carpet so she doesn’t slip around. I moved her bowl to the hall leading to the kitchen, but she is super messy. I decided to practice my quilting by making food mats for her.
I grabbed some fabric blocks I already had cut out and went to town. The lesson I learned on this one was the importance of solids or low volume (am I using that right?) to let the eye rest. There is so much going on!

Luckily, Tipsy didn’t mind. When her sister Tobi saw it, she insisted on eating on it, too. The mat fits two bowls perfectly.

As you can see, I will need a way bigger mat, though. Tipsy grabs food and backs up to eat it.

Thank goodness for my carpet cleaner. Ha!

Monster Jam!

19 Likes

What an adorable mat! Of course your other kitty wants to eat there too!

1 Like

Awesome first quilting project my friend!

1 Like

Very nice! You could try putting the bowls toward the back of the mat (or entirely off the mat).

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

Cuuuute!!! What a great way to gear up for the bigger quilting projects you have on deck!

Lil Tipsy… such a crazy kitty. :heart: (Don’t tell her, but Tobi is my favorite.)

1 Like

This looks fantastic, you did a great job! and the kitties are so adorable :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

What a great idea to make a pretty, fun quilt pet dish mat! Yes, there is a lot to see, but with both bowls and cats on, you can’t see that :wink: It is fun, lovely and both kitties agree.

Great work :+1:t2:

1 Like

Adorable kitty and adorable mat! What a great project to get your feet wet with quilting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

the mat look great. cute action shots!

1 Like