Hand Drawn People

Lately, I’ve been in the mood to draw people. I started with one. Then I did another and before I knew it, I was at four.

When I drew these people out, without any color, they looked fine. As soon as I started coloring them in, they didn’t look to good. :grimacing: I blame it on the colors that I chose, rather than the shape of the people.

Well here they are:

I created this background in hopes that it would make my people look better and it does! No longer do I want to hide my people! Now, I just need to find a place to hang it, :thinking:.

This is where my inspiration came from:

This was my first try and I think he turned out good.

This one was my second try. I think he’s actually my favorite. :no_mouth:

17 Likes

I think your people look good, and the background definitely makes them pop!

2 Likes

I like the way you used the black background to ensure that the couple stood out from the colorful background. Your second try is my favorite too!

2 Likes

I outlined my people in the black so they wouldn’t be lost in the background. I didn’t really think about how it would pop my people out.

2 Likes

They’ve got a lot of personality!
Maybe using a darker color for their outlines and details (noses, clotheses) would give these more definition, like manga.

2 Likes

I actually tried for that. Pushing my colored pencils to get a darker line before lightening up on the actually coloring of the people.

1 Like

Love their personalities shining thru!

1 Like

They all turned out well! And I love to hear that you went through a process of trying ways to fix the things you didn’t like as much.

3 Likes

They are fun and I like that you gave the top two motion. Two people together isn’t as easy as you think.

2 Likes

I like all their expressions, you can see a lot of character in those faces.

1 Like

Yay! Their facial expressions were harder to create than their hair! I had to figure out how the head was to be place and then decide what expression would work the best! I’m glad they turned out well!

1 Like

I’ve created the same type of background for the other two.

Here they are!

2 Likes

I love these backgrounds!

1 Like

The funky, fresh, and modern background works really well with these two characters!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like