Happy Cards Jan Feb 2022

Some cards I’ve made for the Happy Mail Craftalong this year. (Not all are pictured; I always manage to forget to take pictures when I am busy crafting.)

The ones above were sent in February; the ones below in January.

For the January ones, I used some vintage floral illustrations that were designed for classroom education, as well as some vintage encyclopedia pictures and other things random things I had in stash.

They were fun to make and send!

18 Likes

Hey, I recognize some of those cards! :blush: I think they turned out beautifully! And hooray for using stash!!

1 Like

I received the pretty grosbeak card and a pretty Feb card! Which reminds me I need to get more happy mail cards ready to go!

1 Like

Dang, these are just all so cool! Not complex, but still with fun details to explore.

2 Likes

Sometimes simple is best, right?

2 Likes

Hey, some of these look familiar :slight_smile:

I love the top set! What kind of inks (watercolor?) did you use?

1 Like

So… I have trouble cranking out enough cards (20 or more per batch) fast enough for Happy Mail, so I started taking a few shortcuts. For that set of cards, I bought sets of Etsy cards that had the watercolor-look backgrounds, then just stamped over them. It was easy to get a nice stamp on the surface, because it was smooth and flat—not the least bit warped like they would have been if I’d done the watercolor backgrounds by hand.

Trying to add the Etsy link…

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! Adding the stamping really completed the cards.

1 Like

Wow, you have a great sense of composition, these are lovely :blush:

1 Like

I love these! I especially like the fact that you used paint swatches for added color. What a fun idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a genius idea!

1 Like

:mermaid: YOWZA! Your fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :woman_fairy:

They are amazing!
And I am thankful for having received some of them!

1 Like

These are beautiful!!

1 Like

That explains why one of the cards I received had a different makers stamp on the back. Didn’t realize you’d added to it though. Good idea!

1 Like

Gorgeous. The recipients are a lucky group of people!

2 Likes