Happy Easter Bunnies

I made some bunny cards for the Easter Card Exchange. Happy Easter Lettuce friends!!

I had a lot of fun drawing different bunny faces - simple watercolour shape, some loose coloured pencil for the details, and a little white gouache for highlights.

The secret to making it work was to paint lots of simple bunny shapes and try out drawing on them in a few different styles - I probably discarded at least a third of them. After trying a couple of ideas, I figured out a way a way to draw the faces I liked. They turned out better than I thought they would - I’m going to try more simple ideas like this.

Hope you’re all having a very happy Easter :cherry_blossom: :rabbit2: :rainbow:

31 Likes

They turned out really cute!

I agree that sometimes the simplest designs make for the best stuff to share…I know the faces made me smile…I like the look of curiosity or perhaps confusion or…whatever…lol

4 Likes

You have just the right amount of detail to make them quite expressive, but with just a few lines and highlights!

4 Likes

Your Easter Bunnies are lovely!

4 Likes

So much expression in these simple lines. Love them!

4 Likes

Your bunnies are adorable! Their expressions are perfect.

4 Likes

So adorable!

3 Likes

I love where you went outside the lines. And the expressions are the sweetest.

3 Likes

Thoses are soo cutee! :grin: The little flowers by the ears are so amazing, the white line makes them look like there popping! :boom:

3 Likes

Shut up! These are just the cutest!

2 Likes

Their little expressions!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! So cute! My favorite is the yellow bunny on top and the dark purple bunny on the bottom of the second page. These are fantastic!!!

3 Likes

Thanks everybody!

2 Likes

I love them!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I echo what everyone else has said!

2 Likes

:dizzy: Oooooh yeaaaaaah! Your wonderful project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :heart: :rabbit2:

1 Like

Congratulations! Your project was one of the Best of 2021! Yoooooou ROCK!

1 Like

Thank you @TheMistressT! - and thank you for everything you do for this wonderful creative community :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for your awesome contributions to this community - all the lovely ways you participate!

1 Like