Happy Heart Day Cards

HappyHeart4

For the Handmade Valentine Card Exchange, I made a set of cards primarily using die cuts. I was influenced by designer Cathy Zielske (and the HAPPY die is one of her designs). I started by creating some Spin Art Background Pages. Then, I used my Silhouette to cut some large hearts. I then used the HAPPY die on each heart. The die cuts a thin outline as well as the individual letters.

Because I used pink and red, I was able to swap the words so the pink outline was in the red heart, and vice versa. I cut the spin art into strips that would fit behind the die cut section, and glued everything in place.

HappyHeart3

I also die cut the XOXO for the inside, and stamped a sentiment.

HappyHeart5

15 Likes

Oh, these are all kinds of wonderful! What a labour intensive project, wow.

2 Likes

They did take waaaay longer than I expected, but I’d definitely do the technique again, just not on such a large scale! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got one of your cards and just love the various techniques you used! The textures and colors are very pretty together…thanks for sharing the process…I love how people come up with their ideas and then make them work! Love my card!

2 Likes

Thank you! Even though they took a long time to make as a bunch, I enjoyed the process.

2 Likes

I love these! And I love that I have one :grin: I’m so happy to have a piece of your spin art :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks! And, I think I might be trying some more spin art tomorrow! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think these turned out so cute and professional looking! So glad I got one! Thank you!!

2 Likes

I love the one I received! Enjoyed reading about how you created your cards.

3 Likes

I have one too! It was so fun to go “ah…that’s what the spin art was for!” So pretty!

2 Likes

I love how you utilized the best that each of your tools and techniques had to offer!

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone! I was originally planning to cut out the letters from the spin art to use as the inlay, but the paint was pretty thick in some areas, and I didn’t think the die would be able to manage it. Placing the piece behind it worked beautifully, and saved me so much time!

3 Likes

These are just too fab!

2 Likes

I got one! They are really cool. I got a red heart. Great design and execution.

2 Likes

Thank you! I had a few iterations of the large heart- the first one I cut was too big for the card base, and then when I made it smaller, it didn’t fit the HAPPY die. After some careful measuring, I was able to get it right :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recognized the spin art when I received mine!! My goodness though…I didn’t know you made so many!! Definitely a labor of love making all those. (No pun intended. :laughing:)

1 Like

So sweet and fun!

1 Like