Happy Little Scraps Quilt

In the second installment of This Old Scrap Quilt, we have a birthday gift for my DS1.

My stash of scraps was big enough for two (almost) full-sized quilt tops. Like DS2’s quilt, this one also has wool batting. The fabrics I used for borders and backing are different, but the rest is nearly identical.

I had a panel of Bob Ross fabric with four of his landscapes on it in my stash, so I sashed those and added them to the back. Of course, I forgot to measure how much height they would add (figured the width just right, though). So, I had to go back to the fabric store for more of the dark grey fabric to finish the backing. It all worked out in the end, and DS1 got a cozy new quilt for his birthday.

In-process:

24 Likes

It’s so wonderful, I just love it

1 Like

It truly is fabulous in so many ways! The fabrics on front are colorful and fun…the back is a nod to new and old…I am in awe that you were able to quilt that size on your sewing machine…well done on both of your sons’ scrappy quilts!

1 Like

And they are such happy little scraps! What a cool back, too!

1 Like

Thank you!

@AIMR - I can just barely manage a queen-sized quilt on my machine. I’m contemplating an upgrade.

2 Likes

Wow! What a great gift! So many cool scraps in there…

1 Like

Thank you! I love how scrap projects are little (or not so little) collections of past projects.

4 Likes

So reminiscent of the quilts my grandma made for each grandkid. Mine fell apart years ago. This quilt will go everywhere with him and be beloved.

It’s so warm looking and cozy.

2 Likes

I am in love with quilts like this. All the different fabrics. I could stare for hours!

2 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

Thanks! I never get tired of looking at scrappy projects, either. I tried to keep a high contrast between colors and color values going throughout the quilt to keep it visually interesting.

2 Likes

Scraptastic!

1 Like

This is fantastic! He will love it for life.

1 Like

:art: :sun_with_face: :heart: Congratulations! Your Happy Little Scraps Quilt is a Featured Project this week! :heart: :sun_with_face: :art:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Your work is amazing! Sewing all those little squares together must have taken hours!

1 Like

Thank you! It did take a while.

1 Like

So cozy looking! it’s stormy and pouring rain here. that would be the perfect blanket to cuddle up with.

1 Like

Thanks! My DS loves it and has added it to his blanket hoard.