Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I also bought the flowers and fruit & veggie stamps LOL I thought they’d be fun for spring and they’re growing on me (pun not intended), I might have to buy more so I don’t run out too quickly :slight_smile:

What is it with me and hoarding stamps? I buy them knowing full well they are for mailing to other people but I still have a hard time using up the last of any design. lol…

Well I have my “April Showers” design planned in my head and I started working on it. @Magpie would be so proud of me for using up my itty bitty scraps :heart: I’m only making ten of these and I’m going to send to people I’ve never sent to before first :slight_smile: gotta spread that happy mail love around!

7 Likes

Housekeeping - In a few days I’ll be kicking March birthdays off the list and adding April & May birthdays. Let me know if you have one coming up so I can add you! (I already have @bluebird & @PhoenixFireDesigns)

4 Likes

How do you all get such a cool choice in stamps??
I have boring blue ones for US / Can with the Queen (God save the Queen- I’m not being treacherous), but the same as our normal stamps just blue.

No Fair.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m jealous too. We have stamps with the King and stereotype-confirming stamps with windmills, tulips and clogs. Nothing fun.

1 Like

We have only two different stamps for international shipping. That’s why I just bought lots of stamps with different postage so I can throw together the right international postage.

3 Likes

I received an adorable googly-eyed chick Easter card from @Bunny1kenobi

a lovely note from @Cindy in one of her mushroom cards (I was hoping to receive one!) and a cool elephant paperclip.

I’ve been to Vancouver Island too! More details in next card…

A pinwheel card and beautiful, super thin wooden bookmark from @saintcady

We discovered that we live about 2 miles away from each other. Small world! You mention finishing the Star Wars scarf and I saw your post this morning!

AND there’s more! All the way from the United Kingdom @Renstar sent me some super cool quilted bunting!

I am hiding it’s profanity! I have some ideas for how to use this. Really neat. :heart:

I also love the botanical stickers! They are so pretty and realistic.

Thank you all so much! What a wonderful surprise it was.

10 Likes

Wow! What a wonderful assortment :heart:

2 Likes

That is the cutest chick!

Theoretically, that bookmark has a lettuce head on it, but it’s a little vague. :wink:

3 Likes

You are all sending such wonderful happy mail so I decided to join!!! I’m already in the works on my 1st piece of happy mail!

Hopefully the first of many though!

6 Likes

Omg! I see it now. Haha! Too many allergy meds.

9 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

What a great idea, I’m going to do that too because our international stamps are boring.

@susieoregon I’m glad I sent you a mushroom card now :smiley:

3 Likes

I finally finished up my swap commitments and can devote some time to happy mail! I broke down and ordered some card blanks because I could tell the thought of cutting and folding my own was becoming an obstacle :laughing:.

7 Likes

I received a super cute Easter chick card from @Bunny1kenobi, thank you! :blush: :hatched_chick:

3 Likes

I had a happy mail day :smile:

Postcard from @saintcady (Hi neighbor! Well, practically neighbor :wink:) Super cool fish art and a quote on the back. I love that you and @susieoregon both share quotes! :heart: I’m not good at remembering a lot so it’s nice to have them show up in my mailbox

So true! I try every year to be a little bit more “me” and care a little less about what other people think :heart:

And I received from the far away @jemimah (you’d think another planet with how long it takes anything to get to her! lol) Beautiful fish that may be a bookmark but really is just art to be displayed :wink: and check out all those stamps! Woo hoo!

I am seriously in love with that fish! :heart: I think I saw you post something similar and I was so in love! Thrilled to have my own :heart_eyes:

And check out this beautiful stationery she used!!! Also an ATC and some butterflies

Thank you both! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love my fishy mail :heart:

12 Likes

Wheee, all this fantastic mail! And the stamps, oh my gosh, y’all get some really interesting ones.
I received one of @Ewulotta’s pretty watercolour umbrella cards full of news, written in such lovely script too. I’m afraid my handwriting is quite sloppy in comparison. Still legible though, I hope!
Then something arrived from @Reinikka containing not one, but two letters & a whole whack of mushroom & other nifty stamps.
The very next day a lovely Easter card arrived from Rein too!
I’m spoiled rotten lol.
I sent out a bunch of cards myself & a big package of ephemera to @audity , let’s hope the 2 rounds before this all start to show up soon… Canadian mail is a mystery these days. Where does it go to limbo-lounge for 2 + months?

4 Likes

I received some happy mail from @Cindy! She decorated the envie with cute little birdie and mushroom stamps and inside was one of her lovely mushroom cards! And she included a sweet little birdie paper clip, which I love! Thank you so much, @Cindy! :blush: :bird: :mushroom: :love_letter:

5 Likes

Yay, I’m so glad it’s arrived! And that you like it. Oh yeah and that it was a surprise :grinning:

Happy spring happy mail

1 Like

I got two envelopes of happy mail from the lovely and talented @Reinikka!!

A gorgeous mushroom March card and a fabulous piece of vintage bicycle art!! The art is for the 4 x 6 swap, but I thought anyone who didn’t get to admire it on that thread would enjoy seeing it here. Thanks so much!

11 Likes

That purple mushroom card is :purple_heart:

1 Like

Now that I’m caught up on all this happiness

My Intro: Hi Im Steph I live currently in upstate NY have lived a lot of places and countries wound up here. Its a beautiful area just economically depressed.
I currently work in healthcare (not clinical not a nurse I’m a project manager) the last year has been CRAZY!
Crafts I do: spin, knit, crochet including Tunisian, weaving, sew, quilt, cross stitch, Cricut, resin, try “jewelry” making more like accessories usually for the above mentioned crafts, make basic soap and lotions, learning rug hooking and needle punch - mhmm too much!
Things I enjoy: Houseplants but not gardening (you have my address if you would just love to come garden! I won’t refuse and I’ll feed you) Past life as a chef and restaurant owner so I cook and bake a lot and do home canning. Home remodeling I can’t paint a picture but I love painting walls. I love color! Just color lots of it all together is fine, can be a rainbow but doesn’t have to be. I am drawn to art work with a lot of bright un colors and interesting subject matters.
The basics I live with my partner in a home that’s a constant project. I have 5 kids but 3 are adults from 24-30 and then 7 yr old b/g twins. 1 old cranky cat who is 19 and we just adopted a puppy (on 2/14) Hudson who is 6mo and 50lbs already! We’re working hard on life skills like not eating mommies shoes, not trying to put the cats head in ones mouth and not eating mommies vintage wool rug ggrrr

I look forward to getting more happy mail on out to everyone!!

Edited to add: I don’t eat sugar or grains, not even honey or maple syrup etc. No need to send candy but if you do the kids eat it

11 Likes