Giant double knit Star Wars scarf

This one was a labor of love. I foolishly started this double knit Star Wars scarf by Jessica Goddard last November thinking it would make a nice Christmas gift for my brother. December came and went, so I thought maybe it would be for his birthday in February. Nope. But I did manage to finally finish it last week. Yay!
This was my second time trying double knitting and I’m a fan of the process, though this scarf would be way too thick for me. I tried the slipped stitch edge like here and like it much better. I also reworked the middle third as I wasn’t a fan of the letttering or quotes. It also let me space out the Falcon and Death Star so they can be seen when it’s around the neck.
Ok, pictures.

My son modeling:

Scroll style:

Finally, I made this in the Starlight yarn that has the reflective strand running through it but haven’t managed to get a good picture of that part yet. If I do, I’ll add it. :relaxed:

44 Likes

Holy moley! That is amazing!! I love the changes you chose and wow what a first project to pick for trying out a new skill!

Your brother is one lucky fella!

Did you like that yarn for it? I just did a sweater in Starlight, I love the reflective quality. It’s a perfect choice for this project- adds an extra dimension.

3 Likes

It’s GLORIOUS!!!

2 Likes

I did! My brother doesn’t drive so he’s often out walking in low light and not everywhere nearby has sidewalks, so I love that this will make him a bit more visible. The only downside is that the pattern wasn’t make for worsted weight, so that’s why it got SO BIG!

3 Likes

Wow! Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor!

2 Likes

It’s obvious that The Force is with you! Dang, that’s a cool scarf!

3 Likes

Ahh, I wondered at the size of it. That makes sense. I clicked through and saw the ravelry pics and they looked smaller. Yours is so impressive! I think i would want to use the starlight, too, the reflective bits are perfect for a pedestrian and for a space theme!

3 Likes

Holy cow, I love it! It’s a good thing you don’t live close, because I would be trying to figure out a way to steal it…

2 Likes

Wow, that’s really cool!

2 Likes

That’s fantastic!

2 Likes

High praise! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Wow! That is one honkin’ big awesome scarf of amazingness! Warm and totally geeky. A very good combination indeed.

2 Likes

WHOA! That is amazing! @FrankenCher-check it out!~

2 Likes

This is fantastic! So much work, it really looks great. I love it. :heart:

2 Likes

This is super fantastic! Wow! All that finite detail! It’s just superb.

(I saw the designer’s name and was brought back in time because I had a very good friend in HS named Jesica Goddard…)

2 Likes

Eeeps! I LOVE this! I am a huge Star wars fan. I love the colors, and all the symbols. I htink the Death Star and the X-wing are my favorite panels.

2 Likes

Freakin’ awesome!

1 Like

Oh, wow!
My Marc would love that!

1 Like

This is so awesome!!

1 Like

He most certainly does! Ginormous size, beautiful colors.
This is the Way.
M

3 Likes