Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Seriously cool! I hope you scan the really cool ones for posterity. When I was building family trees on Ancestry.com I loved finding bits of history like that to attach to different family members :heart:

7 Likes

So cool!! I’d frame them! I say this having my own family stash I have never truly been through

1 Like

Yes! What an amazing gift! And if you’re willing to scan them and submit them to a genealogy site, long lost family members will be able to enjoy these delights as well!!

3 Likes

pretty!
I like the idea of weaving with colorful strips (I’m thinking I could try that with washi tape if I’m not too clumsy)

and @Rlynn
wow! definitely a part of history

1 Like

Ok. I’ve had a stack of June happy mail that had to go out for weeks now. Just haven’t been able to make it to the PO. I’ve gotten a great start on July happy mail and am thrilled with my progress! :laughing: Hopefully I’ll mail them before August. I used an unusual idea for them because I could not find food stickers or stamps anywhere that would fit the picnic theme.

I also included two treats in every envelope…I changed it up from last month. But if anyone wants more stamps and postcards, just let me know. I have a ton.

I have photos of all the happy mail that I received and I WILL post photos. I appreciate the effort that people make to send the mail to me/DH and I want to show that appreciation by posting photos.

For all of you that wished me well with the visit with my brother, thank you. The visit was AWESOME!!! He came over with his BFF so that broke the ice. There is so much sadness about the past, both of us suffered in different ways. But that was the past. We text or talk on the phone every day and he even told me he loved me! I am glad to be of support to him while he goes thru the task of settling my parents’ estate. He’s going to move to Miami, FL with his BFF once the estate is settled, and at age 37, he’s going to start a brand new life. We are both thrilled to be able to say we have a sister/brother.

16 Likes

You have just made my day! I am so super happy to have read this!

5 Likes

That’s wonderful! So glad you now have each other to lean on!

2 Likes

How wonderful!

1 Like

I did the maths and figured out I have send 35 sets of Happy Mail so far (21 to LC members or their family, and 14 to other people in my life).
I will continue to send out Happy Mail (slowly, 1or 2 at a time). I love it.
(I am a bit worried about mail I sent out at the beginning of June, that I still haven’t heard has been received. I might contact the addressees to check if they received.)

And of course I also very very very much love receiving Happy Mail!
It means a lot to me!

7 Likes

@LadybugsAndBees that’s wonderful news! Its never too late to reconnect and start new

@madebyBeaG I keep a spread sheet and a row counter LOL

2 Likes

I actually haven’t been keeping track. The postal system is the most unreliable I can ever remember it so I just make the mail & send it out into the universe to get to wherever it’s going to end up. I neither want to disappoint myself nor the recipient should things go astray. They’d never even know there was something they missed out on if I didn’t tell them.
I know the volume of letters sent doesn’t equal the amount of confirmations received. It’s a bit like throwing cards from an aeroplane, some of them must have ended up perched in tree tops or in the river, lol.

11 Likes

Since it’s happy mail and not a swap package, I don’t keep track of received notifications. I figure mail will get there eventually and hopefully the recipient will smile when they open it. :slight_smile: It does make me happy when someone posts that they received or I spy something I made in a random picture they post or on a zoom :slight_smile:

I did start a spreadsheet with counts of what I’ve received and what I’ve sent out, mainly to make sure I’m sending to everyone and anyone who sends to me gets bumped up in the list. I haven’t been great about keeping it updated though so I might drop it.

3 Likes

I’m on a happy mail break for summer so mail doesn’t pile up advertising when we are away camping, lol. In the meantime I’ve put some up in the sewing room:

14 Likes

Of course there are no obligation attached, and I know that people who take part are happy to receive, I would just like to know that what I sent actually arrived.
But I don’t want to be a pain in the *** by checking.

3 Likes

This is a sad time for mail, I can’t ever rememver so many things going astray. It’s like the worldwide postal system is slso infected with covid! Keep the faith though, one of these days a bunch of unexpected lost stuff is going to magically arrive. I hope?

2 Likes

There are a few people that joined the craftalong but haven’t been active in it. I’m not really keeping track because it’s not a swap and I don’t want to think of it that way. But I have noticed there are just some people more active than others. I just have to remind myself that everyone has a life outside of LC and a lot of things could be going on in those lives. :heart: (but I do understand wanting to know if something special reached it’s destination). I would say it’s ok to send a private message to check-in. You can also private message me if you have any concerns about anyone and I can contact them for you. The most I would do on my end would be to take them off the participant list or move them to the “special request” section.

8 Likes

Today I got a birthday card and some awesome papers from @Reinikka. The base of one of them is a peacock from a piece of junk mail that I may or may not have also received and set aside (spoiler: I did :laughing:).

The papers;

The card, with the envelope because never in my life have I seen such a gigantic postmark.

It’s like the PO wanted in on the envelope decorating. Thanks, Reinikka!

13 Likes

Nice! Those stamps are definitely worthy of saving :laughing: Did the post put a sticker over my address label? lol

Glad you like the papers! :heart:

3 Likes

Yeah, the white sticker covered most of your address label; the purple is my added attempt to obscure the identifiable info.

2 Likes

I received some lovely birdie themed happy mail! :blush:

@AIMR sent me this pretty birdie card, a letter and some pretty little birdie goodies! So lovely that you also sent bluebirdies! Thank you! :blush:
21hmjuallbcabbc

@geekgirl sent me a sweet birdie card, a beautiful ATC with a cool little heart that flips like pages in a book and some lovely shiny/sparkly goodies! thank you! :blush:

Thanks so much to both of you! :love_letter:

10 Likes