Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

This is such a happy ending to the story…
actually, I guess it’s a beginning to a new part of life for both of you!
I’m thrilled for you both!
Thanks for sharing with us
:heart:

1 Like

LOL that IS a giant postmark! whoa!

1 Like

Mine, but not until the end.

I’ve missed so much happiness in this thread, been snowed under with renovations, but I’m seeing light now. And I got two fabulous pieces of happy mail today. Some spoonflower fabric arrived too. 50s themed (I had hoped the 50s swap would go ahead, but alas, so if anyone wants a small personal swap for a zippered pouch or mugrug-pm me)

From @Lynx with this amazingly epic metal stamped piece in it.

And from @Bunny1kenobi this lovely card, I love this poem

I’m going away for a couple of days, but I’ve a bunch of happy mail to send out when I get back.

12 Likes

The white one is a digitization of the zip code, & it’s supposed to go at the bottom. I’ve also gotten at least six or seven envelopes in the last few months that went thru the cancellation machine upside-down, so the stamp was untouched & the postmark was on the back. It’s pretty peculiar.

(and I have definitely not been mentioning when I get things, but I have been getting them, & taping them up around the front door, and then taking pictures of that but never managing to post them, so, er, sorry? I also just relocated my box of magazine cut-outs from 20+ years ago, so more envelopes might be going out soon with peculiar ephemera in them.)

5 Likes

From @jemimah, beautiful Elly ~ & the house!

10 Likes

It is going ahead! :sparkles: :cocktail:

3 Likes

It is :grin::grin::grin: I didn’t think it was. Awesome, my spoonflower fabrics are so cool, I’m so glad oil very to use them.

4 Likes

I received a beautiful watercolor fish postcard from @rlynn today. Many thanks!

5 Likes

Hi Everyone! I have not posted for a bit…so sorry. I have been receiving so many beautiful cards and I treasure each and every one. Summer is my favorite season, so when I am not at work, I want to be outside enjoying the sun. However, we have been experiencing a good amount of rain and lots of thunderstorms. It seems a little unusual for us. I spent the last week preparing my July cards and actually dropped them in the mail yesterday…

Many many thanks for the cards I have received recently. You all are so creative and I enjoy each one!
Thank you to @Renstar , @Magpie, @geekgirl, @saintcady, @PhoenixFireDesigns, @Lynx, @bluebird, and @kittykill. I love all the cards and I enjoy going back and looking at all the works of art I have received thus far.

This group is wonderful, full of creativity, positivity and joy! Thank you for all the Happy Mail!

Amfkinney–Anne

11 Likes

Thank you for my latest batch of happy mail

@bluebird
@Rlynn
@jemimah
@Magpie

This makes me smile

8 Likes

I got some awesome happy mail while I was out of town! Thanks to @kayrun, @Lynx, @madebyBeaG, @kittykill and @Reinikka!! :heart::heart:

7 Likes

I received an adorable happy mail charm from @Lynx and a really nice mug coaster from @photojenn (and wonderful cards from both of them).

Thank you so much!! I’m trying to get some postcards out. I have been off my crafting game recently.

8 Likes

I got puffins!! @Lynx sent her happy mail this way

Today I had a bit of a lull and couldn’t focus on something at work so I went back through my envelopes and started removing re-usables.

I peeled washi tape from envelopes where possible and started sticking it on my desk. (It’s meant to be a craft desk after all)

I then cut out stickers and stamps that I can re-use for my own happy mail. This was a nice break before getting back into it!

11 Likes

I also went away for a few days and came back to a very happy and full mailbox!

A gorgeous moon from @photojenn, the sweetest assortment of stickers and mini lettuces from @saintcady, and a fantastic tea o’clock card and letter from @Magpie!

AND, beautiful and thoughtful musings from @PhoenixFireDesigns, random day greetings from @Reinikka (lol!), and wonderful art and birthday greetings from @GeekyBookworm and @Lynx! Plus, the adorable frog from @AIMR was with a swap package - I love it so much!

Thank you all for the beautiful and thoughtful mail :heart: :blossom:

16 Likes

What a happy mailbox! I can’t believe it took almost 6 weeks to get to you!

5 Likes

The timing is so random, some things take a couple of weeks, others 6 weeks or more! I think it’s because we still have so few international flights here, as the borders are basically closed except for citizens, permanent residents, and Australians. But all the mail is worth the wait :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow, quite a lot of happy mail!

I’m still here, trying to write some July cards while we’re still on vacation in the Netherlands :raising_hand_woman:. It’s going slowly… :sleepy: but I hope to send most of them when we’re back home.

5 Likes

I have always had a tentative grasp on the passage of time. Things for me that feel like “a few days ago” are often weeks past.

2020 destroyed any bare remaining thread of time sense I once did possess. Now it’s all tattered and torn, sailing on the wind with no anchor whatsoever and I truly have no real sense of how long ago something has been.

So when I think I’m a tiny bit delayed in replying to someone, or acknowledging something, often it’s well past any reasonable sense at that point and often embarrassing for having been silent for so long.

All of this is a way of saying I am still randomly sending as life and time permit. But moreover, I am receiving wonderful and delightful mailings. Each is opened lovingly and enjoyed. Each is intended to be posted for thanks…but just never seems to happen.

Please know that I DO truly appreciate all the happy mail I receive even if I don’t say so in public. Please do not take my silence for lack of thankfulness and merely see it as the way my brain [doesn’t] work.

15 Likes

@Amfkinney I received your card yesterday! It was fun reading your letter, and the stickers will be fun to play with.

I can’t rememberif I thanked @rlynn already for my watercolor fishy postcard. She has a great post with all the watercolor postcards she’s made lately! They are all wonderful!

7 Likes

You did! I’m glad you like it! :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes