Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I mailed at two different days, just a few days apart.
Glad they are getting there quickly!
Anne

3 Likes

I received some happy mail from @jemimah yesterday!

Not only did she send a great card, fancy LOTR stamp, and delicious looking recipe (excited to try this, picked up some raspberry preserves this morning!), but she also included some great artwork that is already up on my fridge :slight_smile:

Thanks Kirsten, what a great way to start the week!

10 Likes

As usual I am playing Happy Mail Catch-up :sweat_smile:

From @anna.wahnsinn beautiful card and washi tapes

Botanical postcard from @kittykill and fun houses from @photojenn

Foldout surprise card and more to share from @thanate (I’ll send the official message that I received your ATC later :wink:)

A bright “hello” from @Bunny1kenobi and sunset from @Amfkinney

Thank you, thank you, all! :kissing_heart: I’m off to work on sending some more of my own :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I’ve had company for a bit so delayed in thanking my Happy Mail senders! I received beautiful Happy Mail from @Lynx and @LadybugsAndBees! Really made me smile ladies! Thanks!

Lovely sunset! and such a nice note inside! From Lynx2Lancer!

Pretty card with yummy tea and a cute bookmark enclosed! Also a lovey note! Thanks LadyBugandBees

6 Likes

Hello Happy Mailers :slightly_smiling_face:

For December/January we can do a few things. I’ve been thinking it would be good to do “Out with the old, in with the new” for January. We could send all the random cards and such that we haven’t sent yet, birthday cards forgotten, thank you cards left blank, the card(s) we’re saving for just the right occasion (that never comes :laughing:). So we’d all be sending a hodgepodge of things and we’d be receiving “something new” (to us). So your old would be someone else’s new… But then I was thinking with December comes all the hustle and bustle of winter holidays and it might be nice to do “out with the old” for December, and “in with the new” for January? …Or I can get suggestions and make a poll as usual :slight_smile:

So here’s a poll to help decide if we need a poll :wink: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

How to Organize December & January
  • December & January = polled themes
  • December = Polled theme / January = “Out with the old, in with the new”
  • December = “Out with the old” / January = “In with the new”
  • December = “Out with the old” / January = Polled theme
  • What’s a theme anyway? I’m going to just do my own thing!
  • I don’t care Rein, just let me enjoy my happy mail in peace!

0 voters

3 Likes

I want to vote “I don’t care Rein, just let me enjoy my happy mail in peace” - Not because that’s how I feel, just because it made me laugh as an option!!

I’ve been slack with Happy Mail, but again trying new / different to me things, so hoping to get a batch out this weekend.

6 Likes

I received a lovely autumn leaf card from @Bunny1kenobi, thank you! :blush: :maple_leaf:

4 Likes

Someone did and it made me smile. LOL :smile: it’s all in good fun :wink:

7 Likes

I received quite a haul from @jemimah today, and it was such a boost. Thanks, Kirsten! I’ll post photos when I have more light.

5 Likes

I’ve found a Halloween themed Disney children’s book (called the Haunted House). It’s probably from the 80s, it’s in Dutch and the pages are falling out (which is why it’s not getting donated). Would anyone be interested in reiceving a few pages for crafting?

4 Likes

I would! I can think of several crafts this could be used for.

3 Likes

just an FYI about the USPS

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/new-usps-price-hikes-and-delays-start-in-october-what-to-know-today/ar-AAOO5lh?ocid=entnewsntp

4 Likes

I started getting worried about this a few days ago when I saw an article (much less neutral than the one you found @geekgirl!) So sad. I hope the load of forever stamps I bought a couple weeks ago retain their value under this new ‘plan’.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting. I wonder if it’s from the Haunted House ride at Dinseyland. I would love a few pages :smiley:

2 Likes

Ugh; I wish the articles talking about USPS’s “massive debt” would mention that if they weren’t required to pre-fund 70% of their pensions they’d be making money… (not to mention that it’s government service, not a business…)

cough anyway-- would anyone else like a dandelion post package like the one I sent to @Reinikka? It’s got a smaller nested letter in it to send on & a bunch of little token bits to cut off the edges & spread to others, & I have 4 more to share.

8 Likes

It made me giggle also!

2 Likes

I received some wonderful happy mail from @GeekyBookworm, thank you so much! :blush:

9 Likes

I would love one!!

I agree about USPS. There are a lot of problems and I have a lot of suspicions! I still love them though and hope everything works out for good.

3 Likes

I’d love to send you some happy mail! Can you please message me with it?

1 Like

I want to thank everyone who’s still been sending me happy mail! It really does make me happy, even if I don’t respond right away. These are the earlier happy mails I’ve been sent:

8 Likes