Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I’m so sorry you’re going through that. We had an old dog that did the same. He was grumpy, in pain, he was vulnerable and scared. Dogs bite when they’re in that situation. It’s such a difficult decision to make but it’s the right thing to do.

3 Likes

Hugs
:heart:

3 Likes

I received a postcard from @kittykill last week and yesterday a birthday packet from @BeesKnees

It was folded in threes and tied together with a fabric ribbon. Inside was this sweet penguin atc, a letter and some goodies for me to use. Thanks Brandee!

9 Likes

Oh how pretty! :heart:

1 Like

Sending hugs across the river, @Reinikka

4 Likes

ok, first post has been updated. Kicked off the September Birthdays and added a link for October’s “start”.

I feel like someone here has a November birthday that I’m forgetting about? If it’s you let me know! Otherwise I’ll dig into my notes Thursday/Friday/Someday

2 Likes

Yay glad you liked it :slight_smile: I’ve never made an ATC before, so that was a fun little challenge for me.

@Reinikka I’m a November b-day, but I don’t see your list of November babies to see if I was ‘missed’

3 Likes

It’s in the first post of the thread, I try to update it monthly so that only the current and next month birthdays are listed. I’ll add you now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aw, Rein… I’ve lost more furry friends than I ever wanted to. It’s hard every time. I’m grateful that he gets to go peacefully and you get to say goodbye. It’s not much comfort for you, I know. Wish I could hug you in person! :broken_heart:

3 Likes

I got lovely happy mail from @Reinikka today, with a recipe that looks really interesting. I will definitely try it

4 Likes

A few days ago I received some Happy Hobbiton Mail from @jemimah :heart: and today I received some Happy Mail from over the river from @susieoregon :heart: Thank you both! I’ll try to share pictures, but it might be a while… Still very much distracted from reality. Thankful for the little brightness your letters gave me during these gloomy days

7 Likes

I’ve received some happy birthday mail this week! A lovely card from @Reinikka with a recipe included and the cutest green unicorn package from @BeesKnees

Thank you so much!

10 Likes

Question for other scatterbrains on here: if you had bought a bunch of envelopes and cards for crafting this summer and put them away out of reach of the kids, but not anywhere you’d be looking for them a few months later — where would this be?

3 Likes

Those kind of things end up on top of the books on the highest shelf in my bookcase for some reason. And sometimes they fall behind the books.

1 Like

On top of the fridge. Inside a “boring” drawer of tablecloths in the diningroom sideboard, in a box in my bedroom.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks to @endymion and @bluebird for the birthday cards!

Have you all seen these fun new stamps? I picked them up last week.

17 Likes

Those are fantastic!

2 Likes

I mailed 10 envelopes in the last few days, thanks to having made my recipe cards a month early.

6 Likes

I had a head start on sending my October recipes but I’ve hit a few “bumps” in the emotional and time-available road… I re-started sending some out yesterday.

I realize that I wrote the recipes with American measurements, temperatures, etc… so I hope they are easy to convert for all my international friends :upside_down_face: I’m pretty sure I have enough for everyone, I just have to get them out! :sweat_smile: I also ran out of international stamps yesterday so I’ll need to order more (my local post office was out last time I asked).

6 Likes

I received lovely happy mail from @jemimah and @thanate. Thank you so much!

5 Likes