Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

That would absolutely be a possibility here too. Going to check on those too.

2 Likes

:smiley: that does sound like me, especially the box in the bedroom! The fridge is out, there are candles and a ship living up there (plus it’s nearly 2 feet taller than I am), and there aren’t many crafty drawers left over with even the tiniest bit of space left to casually cram something in…

You know I did check three boxes that each might have a legitimate claim on those cards – nope. Not there. And then I realized I have a new stack of five clear boxes filled with various things I was just going to sort away quickly – more than a month ago. I bet there are lots of interesting things. I’ve already spied a certain huge black on black purse with pink lining @AIMR made for me, so I’ll try to get those done tomorrow. And then I can shove everything from my desk into those boxes and free up the sewing machines!

ETA: Six! Not five, but six. Eeep. I think they are multiplying.

3 Likes

On the phone I thought those were stickers! Quick, somebody send @Kwality570 a letter! LOL, how fabulous are those?

10 Likes

I picked some up last week after I got a message from @gozer telling me about them! When I was done paying and was leaving, I said, “What a great day. You just can’t go wrong with monsters in underwear.” I’m pretty sure the clerk thought I needed to be committed.

16 Likes

Hahaha! I can’t wait to send a letter now. I hope they make more of those. So much fun!

5 Likes

I got lovely happy mail today from @Ewulotta hugs

13 Likes

Me too! Mine had a hedgehog!

Mr Imma will be out all weekend and I’m going to devote a couple of hours to papercraft tomorrow. I’ve got ideas for Halloween and Christmas. I’m really not good at anything to do with paper but I’ve got an idea that just might work out.

5 Likes

Squee!
So hilarious & wonderful!
I must hunt them down

2 Likes

I can’t remember when… but I received a postcard from @Lynx and Halloween Happy Mail from @kittykill - Thank you both!

I had to use my Happy Mail desk as a hide-all-the-extra-stuff place yesterday but I’ll try to uncover things and get back to sending some recipes tomorrow :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I sent Happy Mail to @anna.wahnsinn on July 28 and to my utter surprise it got returned to me (unopened) by the German Postal Services today.
What have they done with it all of this time?
Germany is one of our neighboring countries.

7 Likes

The mail system worldwide has black holes … when my widowed dad got remarried three years ago, he sent invitations to my mom’s 3 siblings but one didn’t arrive until 6 months after the wedding (13 hr drive between destinations) My uncle missed the wedding, thinking he hadn’t been invited, my dad assumed he didn’t want to come because he didn’t rsvp but, thankfully, their relationship was strong enough that when the invitation finally arrived they laughed it all off.

7 Likes

Dang it, I assumed some international mail sent got to recipients too busy or whatnot to respond here but maybe things are still hung up in the system. If you get a letter from me about summer camping I hope the news therein is at least entertaining if no longer completel relevant :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

I feel so accomplished! @Amfkinney and I rented an air BnB for the weekend and we brought Happy Mail along. I was able to get something out to everyone which its been way too long! It was beautiful though, we sat on the deck relaxing in the most perfect temperatures writing away. Only our last night was there a weird storm, we were in for the night anyways and it didn’t matter until I went to bring items to the car to prepackaged for our next days departure and a frog flew in the door and landed on me! I thought it was a leaf, then saw what it was when it fell on the floor and proceeded to hop under the stove and wouldn’t come out! We stalked him for a bit and finally with the aid of a barbie cut and Elsa plate we caught him and brought him blackout side where he belonged. It was a first! Never had a frog fly in and smack me during a storm!

11 Likes

OMG, I would have been squealing and having a bit of a freak out!!

Glad you had a great time though

2 Likes

Thank you @bluebird and @Ewulotta for the happy mail today!

5 Likes

How wonderful you know another participant in real life.

4 Likes

It really is! We sat on the deck of our rental each writing out some happy mail and then went off to find a postal box to send it all out, spotted grapes on a sign and I don’t know what happened but next we were driving through a vineyard and then some nice men offered us wine :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I have stuff I think was lost in the mail too :frowning: I sent 4 happy mails during the same time period, and I know one was received. 2 of them I am pretty positive that I didn’t put enough postage and also realized I forgot to put my return address and am writing them off. The other one I fear again that I did not put enough postage, but at least that one does have return address this time. Just waiting for it to come back to me so I can resend it out!

In happier news, I received 2 nice cards in happy mail today!

Thank you @Bugaboo ! I love the paper that your pumpkin was cut from too - love it love it! Where is it from if you don’t mind sharing?

and Thank You @Amfkinney Love the recipe you included! I have an apple tree that is currently going crazy with fruit so now I know what to make :smiley:

8 Likes

I got Happy Mail from @Cindy yesterday!
Thanks again, Cindy!

3 Likes

@BeesKnees Michaels in a pack called Enchanted Forest Halloween Paper Pack. Glad it arrived and you’re enjoying!

4 Likes