Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I received a lovely post card from @bluebird and a card from @Amfkinney that I actually put in the mail box lol we were on a girls weekend get away and finished up and mailed from there!

9 Likes

Received Happy Mail from @Amfkinney and @bluebird upon returning from our trip! Love the recipe and the beautiful pumpkin!

5 Likes

I came home late last night to THREE pieces of happy mail!
Thank you @bluebird, @Amfkinney and @Bugaboo I love them all! :smiley:

7 Likes

I’ve received some happy mail and yummy sounding recipes the last week or so from @susieoregon, @Reinikka, @bluebird, @Bugaboo, and @Amfkinney. Thanks ladies!

9 Likes

Hi Everyone! I received a fun postcard from @bluebird and a fun card from @Bugaboo as well as a nice letter and recipe from @jemimah ! Thanks everyone!

Anne
Amfkinney

7 Likes

I’ve received a wonderful Halloween themed postcard from @bluebird, a delicious looking applesauce recipe from @Amfkinney! I’ve also received some some very creative cards from @Bugaboo and @Ewulotta! Thank you guys!

9 Likes

I managed to send a few cards during my vacation, so fingers crossed that the clerk at the hotel Fed Ex counter actually sent them out with the US mail as expected!

( I know it’s always a gamble to mail from other than the PO, but figured it was worth the risk:)

4 Likes

Got happy mail from @Amfkinney and @bluebird! Thank you, ladies!

4 Likes

I received some happy mail! :blush:

These are from @Ewulotta (adorable hedgie! :hedgehog: ) , @Amfkinney (recipe and inspirational card :white_flower: ) and @Bugaboo (the pumpkin :jack_o_lantern: )! Thanks so much! :blush:

I also received from @jemimah! She used one of the beautiful LOTR stamps to send me a recipe, pretty card, bookmark and an adorable and sweet little robot ATC! :robot: :blue_heart: Thank you so much! :blush:

Such a joy to find these in my mail! Thanks, everyone! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m excited to see a couple of pieces of happy mail as I go through the stacks of mail that accumulated while I was away –
will be back to report specifics!
In the meantime, hugs to all my happy mail buds!!
adding names of happy mailers == a big thank you to @Bugaboo and @Amfkinney for sweet mail, and I’m eager to try the applesauce recipe!

4 Likes

I received from @Ewulotta yesterday. Thanks Eva!

4 Likes

I received from @bluebird and @Amfkinney today! Thank you!

4 Likes

I received some lovely happy mail.

From @LadybugsAndBees
Super cute tea themed card with bookmark! :heart:

From @kittykill, love this postcard.

From @Bugaboo, cute pumpkin!

And @Amfkinney, yummy recipe and I definitely need to breath out stress!

Thank you much everyone. Work is crushing me right now, but I hope to get a moment to sit down and parse through the goodies I brought back from Indiana to share via happy mail. :heart:

8 Likes

Beautiful mail everybody!!

1 Like

I have received so many beautiful cards. I can’t remember right off hand who sent them to me but a big thank you to those who did.

5 Likes

Thanks to @Bugaboo for the cute pumpkin card!!

3 Likes

Although I’m not in this craftalong anymore, I’d like to thank all of you who sent happy mail to my friend Lisa (the one who lived in Louisiana). It’s so kind of you and it absolutely did her good.
However, please don’t send any more happy mail to Louisiana! It won’t reach her since she moved back to Germany in August. Her mail is still forwarded to her MIL though. Thanks a lot!
And thank you again for sending her all the lovely cards, I really appreciate your kindness :pray:

10 Likes

Trying to keep up here and so happy to be back in the swing!!! I was able to actually get Nov happy mail out to international recipients in the hopes it will arrive sometime in the month of November!!! US side will have to wait a bit

5 Likes

I got a nice vintage Halloween card from @bluebird ! She wondered if people celebrate Halloween here in the Netherlands. Well, the answer is, not really! We know what Halloween is, due to American TV etc, and Halloween decoration is widely available, but dressing up and trick or treating is not really as big. I live in a Catholic area where All Saints Day and All Souls Day are celebrated instead. We have Saint Martin’s Day on the 11th of November and I think that’s fairly similar to how Halloween is celebrated in some countries. Kids go door-to-door after dark with handmade lanterns, sing songs and get candy.

Since I’m in a very big, multicultural city with lots of expats I usually buy a bag of candy before Halloween. Some years we get kids at the door at Halloween, some years at Saint Martin and last year no one turned up at all.

8 Likes

My mothers step mother so my Grandmother as I was lucky to have 4 immigrated from Germany during WW2. Her first night in NYC was Halloween. She would tell the tale of how her (German citizen) and her 1st husband (German Jew) escaped East Berlin and made it to America to be HORRIFIED that in the land of opportunity. people had to send their children door to door to beg for food! She later learned about Halloween but it was a huge culture shock! My mothers Biomother came from Italy and her first introduction was a “hot dog” she threw up and thought people in the US ate dog

6 Likes