Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

So did I! Yes, thank you for the lovely card and stickers!

3 Likes

@Kwality570 thank you SO much for the sweet card & adorable magnet, which went right on my fridge :slight_smile: Your artwork is delightful, as always! :heart:

1 Like

19 Likes

Thanks so much for the happy mail cards, @bluebird, @Kwality570 and @Amfkinney!

4 Likes

I need to stop off at the post office and pick up some international stamps so I can send the rest of my cards out. I have them ready, but keep forgetting to stop at the PO.

2 Likes

You can also buy stamps online. I think it’s about $1 extra for shipping :slight_smile: That’s how I usually buy them nowadays just because it’s so convinient :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I just bought stamps in bulk online for the first time.
I received them within two days. I’ll never go back.
It beats waiting up to an hour in our little local post office, with limited opening hours and with only one employee at a time - some of whom are not up to their job and often need half an hour figuring out how to do a simple task - and lots of old people taking up their pensions in cash (so dangerous!), desperate for a little talk.

3 Likes

Me too. :slight_smile: In fact I made an order a few days ago for my next happy mail sendouts. :slight_smile: Just waiting for them to arrive! :blush:

1 Like

I want you to know that I’ve been receiving wonderful, supportive happy mail from many of you and it means so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :heart:

9 Likes

I received Happy Mail from @Lynx today!
Thanks again!

3 Likes

See I adore going to the local post office. Its almost always a quick in and out and the postal workers are great! They play a running game with anyone called What can you NOT ship to another country? Like you can’t ship photo albums to Italy or a box of Live bees to Canada…its like a dose of comedy and trivia in every trip!

5 Likes

Really? I can’t even imagine what the reason would be.

3 Likes

Or playing cards to Greece. (I swapped with someone there ages ago & was pretty confused by that one.)

3 Likes

Out postal system just came out with otter stamps!

And @Kwality570 they also have monster stamps!

https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/message-monsters-stamps-S_481304

5 Likes

I wish we had monster stamps. A few years ago Canada Post issued stamps with desserts on them and I bought a pack just to keep.

5 Likes

I have the monster stamps and have sent some out. I need to see the otter stamps now!

2 Likes

I have the otter stamps :heart: They’re cute but I’m waiting till winter to start using them :sweat_smile:

Capture
(picture taken from the USPS website)

7 Likes

@photojenn per my family it was a way to control information as the government was changing to facisim. Its just never been updated

Also, at one time, it was legal and people actually shipped children through US Postal services LOL told you I enjoy my local post office!

5 Likes

I received a letter and recipe from @Reinikka, thank you! :blush: :cookie:

I also received a cute monster note and a magnet from @Kwality570, thank you! :magnet: :blush:

8 Likes

Thank you @madebyBeaG for my delightful happy mail! You included so many fun dood-dads!

BeaGHappyMail

7 Likes