Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Beautiful mail @susieoregon!

3 Likes

I have a pile of happy mail :slight_smile: I’ll have to take time on Sunday or Monday to properly acknowledge everything but I have two Easter cards and some happy mail from @susieoregon, @AIMR, and @geekgirl :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart: Thank you all! I had a lovely break this afternoon when I got to sit and open my mail :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ll share pics later

6 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:
Love you guys!

3 Likes

Mr. Imma has been telling me for days about mail from Florida that’s supposed to arrive, but it’s not here yet :slightly_frowning_face: We did get a women’s magazine that was not for us but for a lady with the same house # in a different street, so I’ll drop that off today and ask if she got my mail instead. It’s maybe a 200 meter walk, but the magazine is for older women so maybe it’s hard for her to walk.

I’ve written most of my old cards and I’ll mail them today, hopefully next week I’ll find some time to write letters. I bought the most gorgeous stamps, but unfortunately they’re only for domestic mail:

The sentiments are all the common ones on greeting cards, so you can match card and stamp! My favourite is the cup of tea that says “Have a nice day”.

12 Likes

wow–those are special stamps…very pretty!

2 Likes

Oh, those are very cool!
Foreign stamps are very boring here so I use domestic and add smaller denomination stamps to make up the difference. Some of the envelops I’ve prepped have 6 stamps on them, ha! Canada hasn’t changed the design for a long time so the smaller stamps are all bugs. I’ll have to remember not to use those for @storerboughtcreation if I ever send her any mail, she does not like bugs, not even cute ones!

5 Likes

Oh, these stamps!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You are right. Bugs are icky. There is no such thing as a cute one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wouldn’t call it cute, but the preying mantis is the only one I won’t run screaming from… unless it touches me. I’m weird, I know. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I received some more happy mail last week. Thank you, @Reinikka, @bluebird and @Lynx! It’s been a strenuous week so it was jus perfect timing :wink: Each one so made my day!

9 Likes

Those stamps are super pretty @Immaculata! It really makes smile to see all this lovely happy mail. My desk is covered with watercolours and stickers today - slowly but steadily working on little things …

5 Likes

Do any of you guys still read paper books? I am working on some extras but they won’t work with e-readers.

11 Likes

I still read paper books…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

If it’s not paper, it’s not getting read by me!

5 Likes

I prefer paper books. I can’t wait until library books feel like an option again…

6 Likes

Oh no! Our library started a pick-up service in July 2020 so I am still getting my fix. I do miss browsing the shelves as opposed to the online system.

4 Likes

Our library just re-opened for browsing with an appointment, so we’ve been scheduling visits with my child’s bestie. We are all about paper books here. (I have an e-reader, which gets used when one particular author passes out e-copies of her books on Patreon before the print ones are available. Otherwise I’m deeply irritated by the complete lack of useful sorting so I can find things on it.)

5 Likes

Paper books! Partially it’s just a nicer experience, but also I read in bed at night and keep my phone on the other side of the room, so that wouldn’t work!

6 Likes

I tried my husband’s Kindle. So not me. I need a paper book in my hands. Especially after I did an advanced training for digital learning in school and the keynote speaker, a neurobiologist, explained the correlation between learning processes and sensory experiences. It was fascinating. I guess I’d still be a paper book person without that though :smile:

6 Likes

I read about that too! I went back to school for my Master’s, so I was back in a classroom with a couple of 20-year olds (I’m only a decade older myself) and they looked at me like I had three heads when I pulled a notebook and a pen from my bag. But it’s really true that taking notes by hand helps with learning. It also forces you to really listen to what the teacher is telling and only write down the most important things. If you’re a fast typist it’s tempting to type out a word-for-word statement, but you don’t learn from that.

5 Likes

This is why we hired a calligrapher to teach the children cursive writing when schools phased it out. Sensory experiences GREATLY influence learning processes, we as crafts know this to be true, particularly with things like crochet and knit which require muscle knowledge that engages almost mindlessly in tandem with pattern reading.

5 Likes