Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

By the way, everyone will be getting Christmas stamps on their envelopes because I bought like 5 books of forever ones a couple years ago before the price went up. LOL So Happy Holidays everyone!

10 Likes

Great! I was going to send one anyway but didn’t want you to think I was nuts if you had no idea why…lol…

I also missed our new member, BugaBoo!!! I will add her to my address book!

@PhoenixFireDesigns–lol…I still have stamps from the 1990’s…I am going to have to look them up because I have no idea what the denomination is…my supply of International stamps should be here by Friday, I hope! I also bought a few other designs as I only have a roll of forever flags!

3 Likes

I hadn’t counted yet but I knew we exploded with new people! So much happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Me! But I think you already know that :wink: I’ll get around to replying to your last one sooooooon…

Yes, don’t make it “work”! I try to let everyone know when I receive from them but I won’t be taking pictures of every little thing I get (I hope everyone understands!) I do appreciate everything but I don’t always have time for an organized photo shoot :sweat_smile:

I’m also going to start little batches. I like sharing with everyone, but there are a lot of you now! lol I’ve re-re-re-worked my notes for you all so I’ll start rotating who I send to. So everyone should have more or less the same from me (not counting pen pal letters)

Hahahaha, happy holidays back at ya! :laughing:

I sent a few things out yesterday and I was going to send more today but my headache won out :stuck_out_tongue: …this dang thing will not go away!!! I’ve had it since Saturday :sob: It’s not a full on migraine, but it is kicking my bee-hind! I’ll try again to send some more tomorrow :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Such beautiful cards! You are all so talented with paper crafts. They have never been my thing but I’m trying :slight_smile: My meetings yesterday consumed my day UGH I wanted an uninterrupted vacation week but didn’t happen…oh well I am off again till Monday yay!!!

4 Likes

I’ve had two days of very happy mail. Today was this hysterical one from @Whistlefish so funny! And I love the inside too (any your writing is lovely- mine is so scrawly)

And yesterday I got an awesome package from @Magpie I’m not sure which thread it should go in, but since it made me so happy I’m putting it here.

She sent me a lovely note, with this gorgeous mushroom , it has a magnet on it, so it’s currently on my fridge, but it’ll get added to my hoop wall (when I get the other hoops unpacked and have a wall to put it on)

And she sent me the most thoughtful things-two craft kits, for my current chaos of house moving. For when I can’t find my supplies and don’t have a craft room, but need to make something.

The first is a collaborative project between us, she started a hoop and send me floss (some of her grandma’s floss!!) and a backing, and even a needle and thread puller. This is going to be great because I started crochet so would have something to do with my hands-but it’s vanished in the move.

And if that weren’t loveliness enough, she also sent me a bunch of papers, lots of masterboards, she’s challenged me to turn them into a collage. But that’s not all! On the back of each piece of paper is a little note a vignette from her life. She suggested that I can either read them all, and then collage, or save the notes to “nibble” at over time. I’m nibbling.

13 Likes

Welcome home, dear friend :kissing_heart:. May your new house be filled with love!

1 Like

@whistlefish does indeed have such lovely pensmanship…it would take me hours to write so beautifully! The card is funny…

@magpie is always there in time of unexpected need! Sorry you lost your busy work craft but have a new one to occupy you as you find stuff! To see all those bits and pieces of things you made, @magpie, would make it a happy thing but to be able to use them together to create something new for the home is fabulous! lol another reason to save all the things…like a crumb quilt only paper!!!

2 Likes

:tada::rotating_light: Outgoing Happy Mail Alert :rotating_light: :tada:

As of this afternoon, happy mail shall be on its way to:
@PhoenixFireDesigns
@jemimah
@SonjaBoo
@AIMR
@crafty-becky
@Immaculata

Hope y’all need a wee bit of watercolor art in your lives. :wink::art::framed_picture::woman_artist:

I have a silly bit of a surprise for the next round of cards but I need to do a bit of research first.

8 Likes

I am collecting small items that will fit into an envelope…it is fun to think of things to send as we get to know each other better!

2 Likes

Finally I got more completed!! Happy mail on its way
todays pile is for
@susieoregon
@AIMR
@Renstar
@Magpie
@Whistlefish
@Ewulotta
@Cindy
@geekgirl
@Bunny1kenobi
@saintcady
@kayrun
@crafty-becky
@audity
@Edel
@PhoenixFireDesigns
@thanate
@Reinikka
@Lynx
and finished the last of my current list
@Immaculata
@jemimah
@PrincessP

Off to make some more :slight_smile:

15 Likes

lol we must have purchased the same stack pack…I recognize some of those papers! What a great use for them…I am using calendar sheets to make some envelopes but they seem a bit thin for some of the things I want to send…great idea!

YAY for new ideas for happy mail!

2 Likes

I think this stack I purchased like 10 years ago!!! Yay for finally using up some stash I have no idea why I own it LOL

I hope these make it through the system well I suppose it will be a lesson to learn from if they don’t!

2 Likes

Yep–I think some of my papers are over 10 years old as well…lol…guess we have vintage papers!

3 Likes

Holy wow!!

2 Likes

Exciting! All that yummy paper looks wonderful.

1 Like

How exciting @Bugaboo and @Whistlefish!!

It’s wonderful to see all the marvellous mail! I have a few more envelopes to take to the post office too. I’m enjoying thinking of little things that can be mailed easily :snail: :love_letter:

2 Likes

That is such a fantastic stack of envelopes!

1 Like

WOW you have done such a fab job there! I’m going to be working on more this weekend, I have no idea how it will turn out! Probably going to steal ideas from all of you :smiley:

3 Likes

Boobies and Knockers … such fun happy mail being exchanged :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

I decided to have Walmart print some of my photos rather than using all my home ink and after a delay (grrr) they are finally ready to be picked up. Now I can make my take on spring shower cards.

5 Likes

Thank you @susieoregon for the Oregon postcard I received today!

3 Likes