Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Is it too soon to pick a June theme? I like having a lot of time to think about something before “go time”, but I don’t want to plan too far in advance :sweat_smile:

Jaunty June… June bugs… Simmer Summer… hahaha I’m just throwing out some random ideas

:musical_score: Hey June :musical_note: (instead of “Hey Jude” :rofl:)

lol… ok, I’ll stop :innocent:

5 Likes

@Ewulotta my mom received a postcard from you and @magpie my mom received from you, too. You all are making the day of a lonely woman. Thank you!

5 Likes

I like June bugs or hey June!

I received a lovely card from @Ewulotta today. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Portland is a great city for dancing in the rain!

8 Likes

Birds or Bugs for June

3 Likes

Ooh ooh ooh, I wonder if I could come up with something for birds?

5 Likes

Probably not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

It’d be a stretch, for sure…

3 Likes

I can’t think of one single cute bird thing.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wow, Alaskan mail is faster than sending inside Canada!

Cards for today.

I’ve been sending a mix of art, prefab cards, letters, & stuffed envelops. No plan really beyond prepping envelopes. We’re doing work in the basement so arting is on hold right now.

Look at this sweet bunch of stuff from @saintcady , so happy you joined in the fun!

The laser lettuce is beyond adorable. I’m thinking on something special to do with it…

8 Likes

You guys are cracking me up! :joy:

I got a card from @Magpie today! I was so excited that I started reading it as I was walking back from the mailbox… then I remembered I almost got hit by a car the last time I was reading while walking so I took a second to make sure no one was backing up on my block :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Oh my gosh! New Happy Mail Craftalong rules: safety first!
LOL

7 Likes

My vote is also on June Bugs!

Edited after reading @megwell’s comment: Yea…I haven’t done a single theme thing either so uh…maybe don’t count me.

4 Likes

I love “Hey June” :laughing:. But take my vote with a certain grain of salt, because I’m very much a themes-optional kind of gal.

5 Likes

Haha, me too. Themes definitely optional.

2 Likes

I like themes but am either always late to the party or too early! :joy:

How about something with space/moon/sun/rockets/stars? Or maybe favorite summer pastimes or images?

I am gessoing over a bunch of freebie cards I have…good way to recycle with this craftalong!

oh, I also go a wonderful postcard from @susieoregon

and I am very upset that we must have had a different carrier today who ignored the red flag on my mailbox and just shoved the incoming mail into my mailbox without taking all of the cards and packages that were supposed to be taken! I fired off an email to our postmaster as this has happened a few times and I am sick of it! RED FLAG=PICK UP THE FREAKING MAIL

7 Likes

I’m someone who really does benefit from having a prompt to work from sometimes, but I’m also someone who will absolutely dig in her heels as soon as it feels like homework :woman_facepalming:t2:. So I like having the prompts available but also having the option to ignore them :laughing:.

8 Likes

I was actually thinking about the June theme tonight and it was June bugs that came to my mind :smiley:

2 Likes

The April theme really got me thinking and I have May plotted LOL

I spent a lot of the day on a special Birthday card/gift!

I keep telling @Amfkinney she needs to join this thread! She loves sending cards!

6 Likes

I like June Bugs too! When you mentioned themes back in February I thought “I’m not doing that” and have ended up making a few each month.

I think that’s my go to response to most things. Lol. Anxiety!!

2 Likes

Rebels…you all are rebels…lol…

2 Likes

@Edel I found the perfect thing to send you … doesn’t fit any themes but you’re going to love it. I’ll get it in tomorrow’s mail.

3 Likes