Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

This is stunning @Whistlefish!

2 Likes

I received from @saintcady … the maple leaf buttons are adorable, thank you so much!

10 Likes

I love those buttons! @saintcady, your laser cutting skills are awesome!

3 Likes

Yay! I’m glad my sunset cards are arriving. I did a batch and have another batch to go (I ran out of international stamps!) I hope everyone doesn’t mind that it’s easier for me to do batches of the same card vs a couple dozen different designs. (i.e. I hope everyone doesn’t mind if you all share in the same card style in any given month)

9 Likes

I forgot to post my wonderful mushroom picture from @Cindy! She sent it in a cute card about our shared love of fabrics! Above it was a nice card from @whistlefish that I also forgot to post!
I have all my cards in a basket and it is a nice collection of happy!

9 Likes

I can hardly keep up with this thread – so much happiness flying here & there!
:heart:

I’m glad you posted these pics bec I also rec’d from @Bugaboo (darling laser cut birdie!) and @bluebird…I haven’t had a chance to go through everything, but a big THANKS is in order!
My mailbox is making me smile so often these days, and I really appreciate this group so much!

I’m dragging a bit today after dose 2 of the vaccine, so esp enjoying the TLC of my cards

and @AIMR, I like the idea of putting the cards in a basket – I had another brief moment of inspiration of handing a wide ribbon on a closet door in my craft room & clipping them all on, but I don’t see myself following through :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I lucked out today, two lovely cards, you guys are filling my home with such happy vibes.

A lovely Pinwheel one from @saintcady

I love the elegance and simplicity of the image.

And a pretty rainy one from @Reinikka I love that all the droplets are different.

Thank you both so much xxx

10 Likes

I was thinking the same thing about not seeing those scratch/sniff stickers in forever! And now I simply must search the internet to buy some, LOL

3 Likes

oh!
@Whistlefish, the dandelion is stunning!

2 Likes

and now my inquiring mind wants to know what that comment means! LOL
Guess we will have to wait & see

also, @PhoenixFireDesigns, I’m absolutely sure that no one minds sharing the same design in a month! They are just gorgeous

4 Likes

From @PhoenixFireDesigns and @Bugaboo,

I really need to crack on with displaying these somewhere for everyone to see, not that anyone is allowed to come round!!

Thank you for these happy mails

7 Likes

I’ve been lax is posting all the happy mail I’ve received. And I’m working on another round to send out.

I may have posted some of these before but it seems like a big effort to scroll back and check!

from @Ewulotta a cute little spring showers card

from @Magpie along with lots of little notes and random scrappy goodness.

A sweet little bunny from @Lynx

Mushroom Madness from @Reinikka! great use of gelli prints/masterbaords.

More mushrooms from @susieoregon - love the bookpage stems!

postcard from @bluebird

a happy flower garden from @AIMR

a cute easter card from @Bunny1kenobi even though I wasn’t in that exchange!

spring showers from @Reinikka

and this lovely floral card from @bluebird is it watercolor or marker?
with some cool extras and a computer game recommendation that sounds right up my alley and I will definitely try out.

12 Likes

wow–just seeing them shows why this thread is called happy mail!

4 Likes

I don’t think any of us mind :heart: They are all still special and I think a lot of us are doing batches of same or similar designs. It’s all happy to me! :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

I am displaying that card in my guest bedroom on a bookshelf since it is a beachy theme…I put it there with the shark card and the Florida postcard I got as well…

4 Likes

I haven’t posted what I received for quite a while, I’m so sorry!
So here’s all the happy mail
A Saint Patrick’s Day card from @geekgirl :four_leaf_clover:

A lovely rainbow card and some extras from @saintcady :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A postcard with Vera the Mouse from @Immaculata which reminded me of our summer vacations in the Netherlands and another card from @Magpie

@Renstar sent me a beautiful flower card together with two fairy door paintings which are just adorable :heart_eyes:

And one of @AIMR’s beautiful watercolor flower cards :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you all so much!
Have I said how much I love this craftalong before? It’s so much fun and everything I receive from you puts a smile on my face :smile:

12 Likes

I just sorted all of my papercraft supplies! I have more than I remembered. Lots from when I was a kid/teen, and a ton of pretty papers that I couldn’t resist in the craft shop. I used to make cards with my godmother a lot, and that took all the fun out of it. She’s not a nice person, extremely critical, which is why I haven’t been in touch with her ever since I became an adult, and she was especially critical about things we made for her. If the card didn’t look like the picture in the craft magazine she would give it back with “helpful” comments. I just switched to other crafts than papercraft and ignored her. I made a card for someone in this thread today and I’m planning to make a whole lot more! I know I’m just starting out with making cards but I know you guys are a lot nicer than her :heart:

I am old enough now to even feel a bit sorry for her. She’s also that critical about herself. I don’t think she’s been happy for one single day in her life. She’s so insecure that she would never make a craft that’s not exactly like a pattern from a magazine because who knows what people may think. I’m so glad that at least that way of thinking didn’t rub off on me.

13 Likes

@geekgirl — It’s pen and marker. :slight_smile: And I’m glad you enjoyed the game recommendation! I have been enjoying it so much! :blush:

@Immaculata — I’m so sorry to hear your godmother was so critical to your cards. :frowning_face: I also feel sad for her too. From how you describe it, I have a feeling someone in her life was extremely critical of her as she grew up so she learned to be overly perfectionistic to compensate. I’m glad to hear you’re going to get back into making cards, I’m eager to see what you make! :blush:

5 Likes

Are any of you going to the LettuceCraft Zoom meeting today? It would be nice to actually chat with people! Or, just listen! :slight_smile:
LettuceCraft Zoom 4pm EST 4/15/21

3 Likes

Not me, sorry! It’s naptime and I’m overly afraid of Zoom :flushed: Maybe someday I’ll try again, but today wouldn’t work for me anyway. Thank you for posting the info here though, I sometimes don’t follow that chat because I’m a scaredy cat :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes