Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I received some wonderful happy mail from @jemimah in New Zealand! An informative letter on awesome stationary, small art (swoon - it’s so pretty) and an adorable quilted fish bookmark. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Thank you. Such a treat! I will write back soon.

12 Likes

Beautiful items…love the art…

I got my Stickii order today!! I just had to order more stickers to put on the envelopes and cards…they make me happy just to see them!

I also got a lovely card from @Reinikka that I will open up later tonight after I get a few deadline things done! Even the outside of your envelopes are so happy!

7 Likes

I have been getting SO much happy mail! Thanks everyone… it is always such a bright spot in my day. Wish I could reciprocate, but things are just so disorganized right now.

I’ve been going through everything we own and trying to get rid of at least half. In doing that task, I’ve run across so many old cards and letters (all of which I immediately put into my “keep” pile.)

It reminds me how much mail people used to send each other. (Similar to the amount of happy mail I’m currently receiving from all of you.) It’s cool! Thanks again, so so much!

8 Likes

I need to get going on some May items here! I attempted something while working one day…I thought I had a great idea and enough time NOPE had to come off mute and speak while my dismal failure was actually making noise and I pretended I was double muted while attempting to shut something off LOL

Back to the drawing board and send outs!

5 Likes

I received a pretty “grow” card from @Reinikka today!

Thank you!

11 Likes

I’m working on some June to the moon cards. I won’t post them until mid-May though :smile:

And before I forget, I also received one of @megwell’s super cool cards

7 Likes

:tada: :tada: :tada: Time to VOTE for our July Theme :tada: :tada: :tada:

Possible July Themes
  • Picnic in July
  • July-Scream (I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream)
  • Music in the Park
  • Go Fly a Kite
  • July High Tea
  • Fruit Pie July
  • July Stash Busting

0 voters

Poll closes Sunday May 9 at 5:00PM Pacific Daylight Time

2 Likes

Happy May!

:partying_face: :birthday: :partying_face:
:birthday: :partying_face: :birthday:

Our May Birthdays are @PhoenixFireDesigns (May 16) and @madebyBeaG (May 18) :birthday: :partying_face: :birthday:

Our upcoming June Birthdays are @jemimah, @Bunny1kenobi, @Magpie’s Girl, @kittykill (June 16), and @Reinikka (June 17) :partying_face: :birthday: :partying_face:

:birthday: :partying_face: :birthday:
:partying_face: :birthday: :partying_face:

If I missed anyone let me know! If you want your Birthday to be listed with the day of the month let me know what it is and if you want it listed without let me know!

If you only want to get a Birthday gift for me that’s ok :wink: I wont tell the other June babies :wink:
(Joking of course!!! :rofl: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:)

10 Likes

@Pigeon, hey upcoming-birthday girl!

2 Likes

I created more HM this weekend. Hoping to stick it in the post tomorrow. Would have done it today but it’s blowing a hooley and been raining all day - Of course - it’s a Bank Holiday here.

I’m really sorry for anyone that struggles to read my spidercrawl writing, I didn’t realise quite how much I don’t write these days and am finding that I’m having to relearn formulating my words properly. I’m pretty damn good at spelling so when I see my words missing letters etc. it’s quite weird!

This has been a good challenge and kept me away from the screen at the weekend, except to get inspiration!

I’m super impressed by those of you that make batches of a theme, I don’t seem to be able to do this one!

Happy, Happy mailing x

5 Likes

@Whistlefish, thank you for your letter. The paper is indeed beautiful. I remember my Grandma giving stationery as a present when I was young, I wish I still got that as a regular gift!

@Edel sent me wallpaper samples, it’s terrific & I will do something fun with them.

@wittychild, your card arrived as well. I’m going to read your letter in a sec & write back this week :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I had a busy weekend then was hit with a massive headache this afternoon :sob: …But I managed to get two more May Flower cards ready to send, just have to make it to the mailbox… :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I got a lovely card and note from @Magpie

9 Likes

@Renstar OMG I feel the pain. My hand writing is horrible! I was tortured as a child and since, passive aggressively, developed really bad hand writing. I can’t spell either so you have a leg up on me there!

@Edel. ohhh that’s beautiful! Reminds me of the arts and crafts movement very William Morris inspired with a twist!

1 Like

I’m a big fan of William Morris and the pre raphelite brotherhood in general. Love me some swirly bits

4 Likes

I cut up a book! It wasn’t a very good book so don’t feel too bad about it. I rescued all the nicest bits for cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got my first happy mail! @bluebird sent me a great letter, art work (that I had to take off of my fridge so I could take this picture :slight_smile:), scratch and sniff stickers, and a few others. Thank you!!

Gotta say, I was grinning opening this and reading the letter so this craftalong definitely lives up to its name!

10 Likes

Has anyone other than @Ewulotta received anything from me yet? I’ve sent out quite a few but I don’t see peeople receiving them. Hope they’re not getting lost somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic! Tomorrow is my day off and I’m planning to make a few more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My oldest DIL would faint if she read this :smiley:
Books aren’t meant for that, I can just hear her saying.

I received a beautiful card from @Ewulotta today.

I have limited data so I’m not uploading pictures of cards that others have also received. Sorry if this upsets anyone.

8 Likes

I’m in the same boat. No offense here. I use an app the sizes pics down, but Ioose quality.

6 Likes