Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Of course, that makes sense - it’s wonderful to see lots of pics of the things that people have made, but that doesn’t mean everyone has to upload a pic of every piece of mail. It’s happy mail, not obligation mail :smile_cat:

10 Likes

No upset here! I do like knowing my mail got to where it’s going but I don’t expect everyone to post pictures of everything they get.

Yup! 100%

I’ve started taking more pictures of the cards I make so that I can put them in their own post on LC and I’ve seen a few others do that as well. I try to wait for everything to be delivered but with international snail mail I sometimes post before everyone gets theirs… Everyone is also encouraged to post pictures of your process and finished cards here :slight_smile: I know I love seeing them! :grin:

7 Likes

I received a Grow Wild card from @Reinikka. Pictured here with the decorated envelope & the ATC I claimed from her in the use it or lose thread :heart_eyes:.

9 Likes

I’ve started doodling on the outside of my envelopes. I love the little drawings and doodles others do so thought “why not?” :smile: They’re not good but oh well! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

I keep thinking I should up my envelope game but also reminding myself that “mailed” is better than “perpetually on the table waiting for embellishments.” :laughing:

10 Likes

I am hoping to sit down this weekend and make a bunch of happy mail. This thread makes me so happy! I love seeing how thoughtful and caring everyone is.

9 Likes

Beautiful cards I’m behind on sharing! I love them all and have really enjoyed reading snippets of your lives. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

12 Likes

That’s my favourite part! I’m starting a file for everybody that sends me personal mail so I can collect and build their story.
It’s so cool getting to know all of you!

10 Likes

I have a page on everyone with notes and some stuff from envelopes…I also added a clear envelope page to put in some cards and favorite pieces…it is like writing a book about everyone…I feel like this group has really uplifted spirits but also created a lot of projects…notecards, ATCs, bookmarks, etc.

I am due for a mass mailout and also, making sure I acknowledge all the mail I have received! I have used some of the notecards in swap packages and also to mail out stash…this craftalong has been good for me

I also noticed some new people that I don’t have in my book yet…I will get you soon!

7 Likes

I will always let people know I’ve received.

I sent two April cards that must have gone to Neverland, hoping they arrive soon!

4 Likes

I’ll work on some more June cards later today. I think I’ll have to post one of the cards early - I want to include some tea but I’m not quite if it will make it through customs. So I want to give one a try before I send all the others.
And I accidentally bought a whole bunch of different pens - you can never have enough pens, right!?

4 Likes

Nope, definitely not possible to have too many pens :smiley:

3 Likes

Accidentally! :joy: Yeah, I do that all the time. Accidentally. :wink:

7 Likes

ha ha Yep…I also “accidentally” buy stuff…which is why I have 108 rolls of toilet paper…and Purple Thangs…lol

7 Likes

I received some Happy Mail and gelli prints (from the Use it or Lose it thread) from @Reinikka ! These are so cool and I love the card!

I need to get to crafting!

9 Likes

My MIL (to whom many of you have been kind enough to send happy mail) is here for a visit and we have earmarked some time tomorrow to craft some happy mail to send out! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

I think the big black hole (aka my daughter’s bedroom) is also contributing to the constant desire to buy pens.

5 Likes

How lovely! Enjoy your time together!

3 Likes

I took a bit of a break from sending you lovely people letters in order to write and mail letters to all of my advisory students (28!) as they start quarter 4. It was quite the undertaking, but I don’t think I’d have dared if I hadn’t had the warm up from this group over the last month or two so thanks! Hopefully I’ll be able to get back to mail here soon. :wink:

10 Likes

That’s so great! I wrote to friends & family recently too. This craftalong is super inspiring.

Thanks for your card @Lynx, I know just what you mean about having not enough time for crafting lately. Ain’t it the truth?
Happy studying!

3 Likes