Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

The mailbox was good to me today!

I got a beautiful piece of flower art with a letter and lovelies from @bluebird, a gorgeous 4x6 art piece with hilarious vintage magic show stickers and letter from @Whistlefish, and one of @Bugaboo’s absolutely adorable cloud cards - which despite the envelope being partly split, arrived safely complete with the pretty little bird, all the way to New Zealand!!

Here’s a close up of the prettiness …

Thank you for the very happy mail - I’m enjoying putting everyone’s beautiful cards and art on display to brighten up the house!

13 Likes

I received two wonderful cards. One from @Cindy and one from @bluebird. Thank you both for brightening up my day.

10 Likes

That little goldfinch is just adorable!

3 Likes

I’m behind posting, usual, but I just wanted to show off some of the lovely cards I got lately!
Below we have a beautiful April Showers card from @bugaboo, a Paris themed card from @Amfkinney, a beautiful water color themed postcard from @Lynx, and a hilarious card from @megwell. (All her cards that she made were cracking me up…what a clever idea!)

Next up is a “birthday” card from @Reinikka that scared the bejesus out of me. But then also made me laugh. (One day you too might discover what she sent me! :wink:)

I also got a lovely card and letter from @Lynx. It arrived looking pristine…I should have taken a picture of it then. My three year old decided to spray the hose through the open window and everything on my dining room table was subject to a lovely rain shower.

And this card came yesterday at a much needed time. It’s a cross-stitch A (my initial!) from @Immaculata. @immaculata…this has a special place in my heart since you know I adore cross stitch! It’s in my fav colors and style and I feel so special that someone took the time to make me something cross stitch! It will be displayed in a place of honor, for sure! Thank you so much!!

I have plans to get some mail-y fun stuff done this weekend so I shall write you all back. :smiley: Hopefully I’ll also get some May cards out to people I haven’t mailed to before. I don’t quite have the money at the moment to to huge, send-to-everyone mailings but I’ll get some happy things out this month.

13 Likes

Yay, I’m glad it got there! I really like that one.

I mean, at the rate I’m going, I may get something out to everyone by the end of the year, so don’t even worry about it.

6 Likes

@Whistlefish that doesn’t matter at all! we’re all here because we like to give something even if 1 thing to just brighten someones day!!!

I still need to sit down and work on some may cards and another card was returned to me for April UGH - I probably screwed something up there!

4 Likes

Happy mail going out today! @Immaculata @PhoenixFireDesigns @megwell @Lynx

But which one of you lucky ladies will receive this gem of an envelope? :laughing:

13 Likes

You make this craftalong so much fun…

I am working on notecards today using some fabulous master boards I received from @Bunny1kenobi!

I have mailed out a few swap packages so it will be a nice break to just send out a few notecards!

7 Likes

Me me me me!! wildly raising my hands

4 Likes

Man, I love you crazy bunch of peeps! Seriously, y’all make every day better for me!!!

Thanks for being fun and kind and crazy! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

12 Likes

wow!
I’m sure your students will appreciate getting actual mail (hard copy)!
:slight_smile:
That really was an undertaking to send to 28 of them!

4 Likes

@megwell, I thought those animals looked gambling! Thanks for the funny card, the fabulous stars, & the news :slight_smile:

And a letter from my sister @Lulu who should really sign up for Happy Mail because it’s awesome.

9 Likes

I got some more happy mail from @Reinikka and @Lynx last week :heart_eyes:

And I’ve just received a whole bunch of new stamps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

June cards are all ready to be shipped but I’ll wait before I post them - only one is already on its way :wink:

7 Likes

I received some lovely happy mail from @kittykill @Reinikka and @Amfkinney

So pretty thank you all!!

9 Likes

Here are the cards I made from two of the master boards I got in the OWS swap from @Bunny1kenobi…the backgrounds were so pretty that I just popped on a few fun stickers and added a bit more embellishment…some of these will be going out to family and some will be going out to… :slight_smile:

13 Likes

You do such marvellous things with those beautiful masterboards! so lively and fun!

3 Likes

I mailed out some postcards today with pressed flowers and poetry. I’m thinking about pulling out my watercolors and painting moons tomorrow.

I no longer have any sort of relationship with my mother so this time of year is difficult for me. I wanted to put that out there if anyone else is struggling with challenging family dynamics. It can feel isolating.

12 Likes

It can be a tough day…I am so sorry. My mom died six years ago in May so it is tough for me as well…and the mailman wished me Happy Mother’s Day, I guess he assumed I was a mom, which I am not…tomorrow is just a day of remembrance for me, but a melancholy one. Spend it doing something you love…that is all you can do. Hugs!

11 Likes

I understand. Even though I have asked for my mom to be included in our craftalong, due to her problems, she and I cannot have the type of relationship I wish for in a mother, too. Looking forward to your new cards to start showing up!

Received a nice card from @amfkinney today. It was just the pick me up I needed after my dd and I were hit by a deer on the highway today. We were very lucky that we ended up with only minor dings on the side of the car and not in a bad accident.

13 Likes

You sure did need a pick me up! Close call!

3 Likes