Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

It’s not always an easy time. I also find Mothers Day a bit complicated (no kids and my mother died a long time ago). It’s good to find some ways to nurture yourself on days like this. I think I might do some painting too, excellent idea.

I’m glad to hear you are OK @Lynx!

8 Likes

I’m so sorry. I didn’t have a relationship with my mother for close to a decade prior to her death. For me the hard part has always been societies expectations. She wasn’t a good or nice person, she wasn’t a mother, but, in name only. So I have lived with the aftermath of being the horrible child. It gets easier with time

10 Likes

In a way it’s good to read that other people have struggles too, that not everyone has the type of relationship with their mother that you see on TV.

It’s a bit of a difficult day for us too. My main maternal figure was my grandmother, who passed last year. My mother is not naturally very maternal and was in an abusive marriage when I was a child, so she needed all her energy just to survive. She’s happily divorced now and as adults we’ve become friends. It’s different from the relationship I had with my grandma, but it’s a positive relationship. I’m glad she has a good relationship with Mr. Imma too, better than the relationship with his own mother. My MIL is a very difficult person and not very nice, always discontent. She’s always been that way. We visit her every now and then but it’s more out of politeness than anything else. I don’t think I’ll ever understand her.

11 Likes

I am sad to hear about how hard this day is for my friends (although I know that wasn’t the intention). I think Mother’s Day can be a day to celebrate the people who have cared for you and nurtured you along the way, whether they are with us now or not in body, they all live in our hearts, right?

You all deserve love! :heart::heart::heart: And I truly wish for a day full of happiness for each of you!

9 Likes

I wanted to keep the craftalong away from traditional holidays for this reason… You never know how someone feels about something you love or don’t even think about :woman_shrugging: So sorry today is a struggle for some… but in an attempt to lighten the mood here is the Dog Mom Anthem :dog2: it’s a few years old but still fun :heart:

8 Likes

I mailed a bunch of happy mail yesterday

12 Likes

I received another beauty from the card making machine that is @Reinikka.

An oh so cute may flowers card

Now, I really need to sort out my display of all these lovelies.

11 Likes

ok, where do the little sayings come from?
are those stickers?
this is exactly what I need for cards, since my lettering skillz
leave much to be desired!

and @Reinikka, I’m tagging you in this thread, too, since I believe the card you included in my pkg from the destash discussion is from your May output :smiley:
:white_flower:

3 Likes

Yes, they are free stickers that I got when I ordered leggings from a company…I also get free stickers in my monthly cat toy subscription…but, it is just as easy to get them from Pinterest and print them out with word using cool fonts…then glue them on…you can say whatever you want…my handwriting is terrible and my printing is worst! lol

4 Likes

Yay! I was pretty sure I bundled Happy Mail with Use it or Lose it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I haven’t been keeping up with the thread. I had an absolute INSANE amount of mother’s day bird nest orders come in through my handmade at amazon shop and I’ve been working just non-stop trying to keep my head above water. So I haven’t been to my po box, I haven’t been reading the thread, and I haven’t had time to do any mail.

But now that mother’s day insanity is over, hopefully, I can get back into the swing of things. So if you have sent me something and you’re wondering if it’s here - probably! I’ve just been too busy to do anything except bird nests for the past few weeks. :rofl:

13 Likes

That’s a good “problem” to have! Congrats on all those orders!

6 Likes

I had a lovely day of happy mail today, from

@Lynx this really lovely card, which is a perfect sentiment for a new house and a lovely note.
Thank you so much xx

@Renstar this great card and a lovely note and stickers, and also the perfect sentiment for a new house. Thank you so much xx

9 Likes

Those masterboards look great with your creations @AIMR!

2 Likes

lol thanks for your help…it made it fast and easy for me to get some out in the mail! It has been a hectic week!

3 Likes

Happy mail going out today, woohoo!

9 Likes

Hi, everyone! This is a looooonnnnngggg thread! Could someone please tell me how I can get to the bottom of a thread without having to scroll down all the way? :roll_eyes:

What is the theme for this month, and has one been decided on for June?

I just bought postcards from a thrift store yesterday and the stamps from a garage sale last weekend. I thought someone(s) might be interested in receiving some happy mail with those included. I have a LOT of both and they are both from all over the world.

I’d be interested in receiving mail that I can give to my DH. I give him little goodies whenever he has chemo (every other week) to cheer him up. I’d love to receive anything that has a dumb joke on it (i.e.-“What’s a fish with no eyes?” “A fsh!”), silly sayings or uplifting quotes.

I have a ton of stationery and time!

10 Likes

Are you using the internal scroll bar…the one that shows the date of the first post and then the last post? If you use that, it takes a blink to get to the bottom…

The theme for May is flowers and the one for June is To the Moon…they are listed in the first post.

Welcome and have a good time! Great seeing you!

5 Likes

Good to see you! Yes, like AIMR says, the scroll bar on the right is much faster. It doesn’t show up automatically when I’m reading lettuce on my phone, you have to tap the post count numbers at the bottom of the screen and then the scroll bar should come up.

4 Likes

May Flowers & June to the Moon (space) are the current themes but we keep it pretty casual over here :wink: No one cares what themes you actually do :grin: And they are listed in the first post, along with quick links to everyone’s intro posts :slight_smile: I’ll add you as well! :kissing_heart:

5 Likes