Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

July’s theme has been chosen!

Picnic in July

:watermelon: :basket: :sandwich:

Start sending my August ideas for next month’s poll :slight_smile: (and I’ll probably recycle some of July’s ideas too)

9 Likes

Thanks for the note & the fun extras @Renstar! So funny, I sent you a card this morning!

5 Likes

I received from @Reinikka … a beautiful card and some sweet paper clips. Thanks!

10 Likes

Some gorgeous pieces of masterboard and a lovely letter just landed in my mailbox! Thank you @Reinikka, such a beautiful and cheerful surprise on a very grey day! :rainbow: :sparkles:

12 Likes

I sent a few cards out yesterday and I received a jellyfish postcard with pressed flower from @susieoregon :heart: Thank you!

I still have more cards to send so I’ll try to get a few more out today but I’m also getting my second vaccine dose today and I don’t know how that will affect me :grimacing:

I’ve been so busy the last few weeks because my husband convinced me to open a new Etsy shop :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been toying with the idea even though my first one years and years ago wasn’t very profitable… so I went with his gentle push and now I’m stocked and ready to go! Glad to hear everyone likes the masterboards I’ve been sharing because that’s what I’ll be trying to sell :blush: although I’m not sure if there’s a big market for them :woman_shrugging: hahahaha… So I need to get myself re-focused on Happy Mail now that that’s been set up :grin:

11 Likes

that jellyfish card is amazing!

3 Likes

I received a lovely handmade card from @Bunny1kenobi’s mom! It must be one they both worked on together while she is visiting…it is lovely inside and outside…and I love that it opens with a flip up…I want to make a few like that! Thanks to you both! (and of course, it is my favorite color…red!)

11 Likes

I found Happy Mail in my box today from @Amfkinney

…and @jemimah!

Thank you!

9 Likes

I got mail too. Unfortunately, it’s a letter I sent :woozy_face: Even worse, I just sent another letter to you @Bunny1kenobi. The sticker on this is right over the address so I can’t check it for mistakes, lol. Who does that? Anyhow, maybe you’d message me your deets again, I must have messed something up.

5 Likes

That IS one of the cards she made at my house!! Boy, that sure arrived quick! :laughing:

4 Likes

I received from @Bunny1kenobi Mom today as well!!! I adored her little message inside she seemed to be so happy to get to visit!

3 Likes

I got a sweet card and bookmark from @Amfkinney!! Thank you!!

3 Likes

Our post office is notorious for putting stickers over the address so you can’t see what the possible mistake is…our pharmacies do the same thing: cover important information like the prescription number for refills! I get livid with them!

Looks like they didn’t cancel the stamp so maybe you can just put a label or scratch out the wrong parts…

3 Likes

I’ve received a lot of happy mail the past week. A fun McCall’s card from @kittykill with my STS claim, a postcard with pressed flowers from @susieoregon, a pretty hummingbird photo card from @Cindy, a floral notecard and penpal note with stickers from @whistlefish, a beautiful floral card and tag from @Amfkinney, (I may have acknowledged a few of you already), and one of the crafted carda from @Bunny1kenobi’s mil.

Thank you all.

11 Likes

I’ll have to check out the Pinterest ones!
Thx

1 Like

these pics always make me smile!

and @Edel, the cards are both just lovely and I agree! so appropriate for a new home :slight_smile:

I am hoping I get back to Ireland one day and can visit you!

2 Likes

I found out recently that if you look to the right of the thread where the scroll bar is, you can click the date at the bottom to get to the last post – hope this helps!

and I would be happy to send a card you could share with DH!
I’ll message you for the address!

2 Likes

congrats on setting up the shop!
you won’t know if they’ll sell unless you try, eh?
now if we all can market you, it will take off :slight_smile:
:rocket:

and I’m slapping my own wrist bec I still haven’t gotten the hang of putting all of my replies into one post – sigh

but now I remembered to edit & add a thank you to
@Amfkinney for the sweet happy mail card & bookmark bonus!
Much appreciated :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope you enjoyed the letter origami @megwell! I’think I might experiment with a few folds.

Such lovely cards everyone :heart: :blossom:

I got mail again today!! One of @Ewulotta’s exquisite flower cards, a super pretty Paris card from @Amfkinney, and a bright and happy card from @saintcady with a lovely lettuce bookmark and the cutest buttons!!

Thank you so much - the postie literally put them in my mailbox as I was taking the car in for a warrant of fitness check - it was an hour and a half wait, so thanks for providing some cheerful company :smile:

10 Likes

You got the mother lode! It is sort of nice to see the cards again since we in the US are getting them about a month before you! It is a nice reminder of the creativity and caring of the people in this group!

I got sort of happy “mail” from my sister: she sent me the itinerary for our trip in August…I did not realize it was going to be for two weeks…I mean, it is packed full of places to go, things to do…I am totally the opposite kind of traveler…I often don’t even know what city I will be in until I get there…sigh…I am happy but also very anxious…

6 Likes