Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I’ve been terrible at acknowledging the reception of my mail lately but I want you all to know it’s been very much appreciated!

I’ve received all of these just over the past week or two.

I’m happy to inform you that if you see your card please know that there’s happy mail back on its way to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I got some lovely mail from @susieoregon! I’ll have to post a pic soon… I adore the Alphonse Mucha card! :heart:

5 Likes

I got those cards at a second hand shop for $3. I love how nice and thick the card and the envelope are. Perfect for mailing use it or lose it items. :grin:

4 Likes

I received two wonderful cards from bugaboo and L2L. Thank you guys so much!

5 Likes

Thank you @jemimah, @kittykill and @susieoregon for a lovely happy mail couple of days. This week has been tough on my work project, so these have been much appreciated points of brightness :heart_eyes:

And following on from others having postage delivered in oversized envelopes…

I had a look to see if I could order picture stamps on line, as my post office carries a very limited range, and I could, so I did! If you order over a certain value, you get free postage, so I did that.

They are sending them in 3 separate envelopes, this first of which arrived today contained in an A4 envelope…

With a heavy sheet of card and a plastic protector for the stamps…

They take this comment very seriously…

But look at the lovely artwork on these King Arthur stamps :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

@seeuudee Those stamps are amazing!

I haven’t started working on the July cards yet. We’re celebrating my daughter’s birthday next week and due to Corona we have to invite the grandparents separately which means we have three days of grandparents celebrations and then one more day with Emma’s friends :crazy_face:
I’ll definitely need some distraction after that birthday marathon and I’m looking forward to making more happy mail for you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I actually made some cards on theme! (That’s a first for me…) First few on their way out today. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I got a whole little package of goodies from @edel today and a GORGEOUS card from @photojenn! Thank you both for brightening my day. :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

I received from @Ewulotta! The moon is more metallic/shimmery than is showing up here.

I had a few ready to send today, but when I went to put them out for carrier pickup I found ants in the mailbox :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. As much as I hate them, I don’t want to send them to you all, so I’ll try again tomorrow or Monday when they’ve been dealt with.

9 Likes

I also got one of those really pretty moon cards frim @photojenn today and I absolutely love it!

4 Likes

that camper cartoon is so cute!
I like your display method a lot!!

1 Like

wow, those stamps are great!
and I have to giggle at how well they were protected

2 Likes

That card is beautiful @photojenn

I had a plan for my June to the Moon cards, but it was way too over ambitious :sweat_smile: but I do have a modified plan so they should be in the mail soon :hugs:

2 Likes

Send them to me!!! lol :joy: my husband bought our son an ant farm for Christmas and we still haven’t put ants in it! :rofl:

4 Likes

Mail time is the happiest time. :love_letter:
My new beauties from @Edel and @photojenn

I was also feeling mail-inspired so I made 200+ postcards! They’re really basic, but all my advisory students will get one, and the rest of the stack were left in the Main Office at school for teachers, staff, students to snag and send out:

Thank you Happy Mailers for helping me find and spread some joy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Some time ago I told you about my friend Lisa in Louisiana and how she could need some happy mail to cheer her up.
She asked me to thank all of you who sent her cards - she was overwhelmed by all your kind words that brought some joy into her lonely days in Louisina. She’s planning to write you back as soon as possible!
But you know what? After all the trouble they and especially she went through her husband has finally got a tenure. They have been waiting for this for about eight years now. And what’s even better about that position is that it is at the University of Cologne here in Germany. He had worked here before but back then they couldn’t offer him a job so they moved to the US. They are both so happy and excited, especially Lisa to come back to Germany. She’ll be able to work as a teacher again.
Before they’re moving back to Germany they want to spend some time with his family in Ohio so they’re leaving Louisiana by the end of the week.
I’d like to thank you again for sending her happy mail, I really appreciate what you did! That’s why I love this community so much - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

16 Likes

@Bugaboo, my mom got your card today and it was really special timing for her because tomorrow would be my sister’s birthday and it’s her 2nd since passing away in March last year. She wanted you to know how special that was to her.

4 Likes

It’s the end of the spring term and I forgot how busy I get. Put a damper on getting out of the house and to the post office. Ugh. But I have my happy mail all sorted and addressed now and I’ll be shipping it all Monday afternoon after my meetings.

@saintcady i love the pandemic postcards!

2 Likes

Postcard from @susieoregon! And my mailbox fails from yesterday did go out (presumably ant free) today.

8 Likes

I receive a pretty flower card from @kittykill yesterday. Thanks Pam, hope to see you on zoom again soon.

1 Like