Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I got more happy mail. Three lovely cards and all in the June theme.

From @Ewulotta! Seriously cute.

From @photojenn! I love the quote.

From @Lynx! Seriously cool photo of the moon.

Love them all!

Funny enough I also got “happy mail” from work. They sent me a thank you pin for working through the pandemic.

Not expected at all. Honestly when I saw the envelope I thought it was a hospital bill, but I could tell it had something bulky in it. I’ll take a pin over a bill any day.

11 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile: I have some happy mail to share but it’s past bedtime and I’m tired :sleeping: so I’ll have to share later :slight_smile: I do have one sleepy announcement though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @Bugaboo and @susieoregon volunteered to help me with the craftalong :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: They both have the master list of addresses so if I’m ever away you can ask them for a needed address :slight_smile: I’ll add this info to the first post within the next few days :kissing_heart:

14 Likes

Awwww I am so glad it brought her joy!

2 Likes

Yesterday I received one of @Ewulotta’s wonderful June cards with a couple cute stamped bird stickers!

Thank you.

4 Likes

I received wonderful June to the Moon cards from @Bugaboo, @photojenn and @Ewulotta. I love them all. Thank you so much.

5 Likes

Disappointingly, one of my happy mail’s has been returned for insufficient postage, despite me following the rules. I shall have to try and get to the post office next week. :roll_eyes:

I sent a couple last week and have a couple more in progress, i’m in awe of you peeps that are making so much and supplying people every month.

I have also started to find places to display my mail, it’s a WIP but a start :smiley:

3 Likes

Sadly, this is a story many of us can also tell.

I haven’t showed off my received mail in quite some time! I’ve been so busy the last couple of weeks. This is my pile of unanswered mail:

And these I think I hadn’t taken pictures of yet:

I have 8 cards ready to write and mail tomorrow, I’ll still have a bit more catching up to do but I’ll get around to mailing to everyone at some point. @Renstar I’m also amazed at how fast some people are crafting, writing and sending!

@Lynx and @Bunny1kenobi I may steal your idea and take a picture and print & send that! I’m a slow crafter but that way I’d be able to make something special without spending tons of time. I always love seeing pictures of where you all live. My Lettucefriends give me some hope. When I read the news it’s all about this group hating that group and that group hating the other group and people getting killed everywhere. But here we have a group of people from different countries, different ethnic backgrounds, different cultures, different religions, and we find a way to be kind to eachother and have respectful conversations.

11 Likes

ROFL – this is hilarious about the ants!

Oh, I have a funny mail story…today hubby & I were eating lunch after church, and a lady called my name & came walking toward me (my mind is racing trying to figure out who this is!) FINALLY it hits me that it is the clerk from my local PO (who has transferred to another PO)…I have a really hard time recognizing folks outside of where I usually see them and WITHOUT their uniforms on!
I do think it is so fun that I live in such a small town that the PO clerks know me by name :slight_smile: (Maybe that says I go to the PO too often, eh?? LOL)

Also, I am excited to say that I got happy mail from @Edel as well as some others & I tossed everything in my bag as we headed out of town for a few days, so I need to open it all & report back! Thanks in advance, Edel et al!

oh, and @saintcady, the postcard is darling & hilarious all at the same time! So neat that you made SO MANY to share!

6 Likes

yay for happy mail helpers!
Thx for volunteering, @Bugaboo and @susieoregon

5 Likes

I have seven June to the Moon “cards” ready, plus one non-themed “card” for one of you Canadians :wink: I’ll keep making more themed cards until I run out of creativity :sweat_smile: I’m heading down to the desk to start plotting who will get what and I’ll try to snap some pictures of mail I received last week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This card set might turn out awesome
:kissing_heart:

19 Likes

Cards! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

From @Bugaboo a rocket to the moon

From @Amfkinney lovely floral card and decorated tag with a quote on the other side

From @photojenn a fun moon with cleaver saying that made me oh-so-happy

And from @Edel beautiful lavender and buzzy bee

Thank you all so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

These cards are all so lovely you guys!!

1 Like

I take mine to the post office BUT I am glad the June to the moon cards are arriving! I took them all in on a Friday and no issue with weight and size. The following Tuesday I had to ship one out and the clerk measured and said it cost 21 cents more because the envelope was smaller and couldn’t be machined. I was like OMG I was envisioning the 35+ I had shipped all getting returned…I would not have been happy!

2 Likes

I have had a few returns, some postage, some a mistake I made, once I forgot the stamp! A couple came back for no reason, address verified and sent out again. That last one is the only one that miffed me.

2 Likes

@Magpie
My friend set me up on happy mail when I was just out of the hospital and I loved receiving it so much that I joined up! All of the cards and letters are so beautiful!

Thank you so much to everyone!

14 Likes

Yay!
Glad you joined in the fun –
it makes me smile to see all this happy mail photo!

1 Like

since I have no memory left on my phone (to take pics), I will just have to
tag along here & say thank you to
@photojenn
@Bugaboo
@Edel
for the wonderful cards!
It is so much fun to get several in one day!
All of you did such a fantastic job on these…wow!
:heart:

5 Likes

Welcome to the happiest corner of the internet! :heart:

2 Likes