Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

My Happy Mail 17 is on it’s way!
Slowly but surely spreading the happiness.

6 Likes

you have been busy!

I rec’d from @PhoenixFireDesigns – thanks so much! Your card made me ponder a bit~

4 Likes

Yeah, well, I’m only sending one or two at a time.

4 Likes

Boy, oh boy! Today was an epic mail day for me! I got a lot of my subscriptions, my Amazon orders, and bunches of mail! It takes me forever to open the mail because I don’t want to ruin the envelopes in case I can re-use them…lol…and I even save some of the stickers and the stamps…you guys are awesome.

I will be working on some mailings this week…I just have had so many dr appointments but they should slow up!

6 Likes

I received one of @magpie’s awesome masterboard tea cards today!

11 Likes

Tea O’Clock here, too!! :tea:

3 Likes

Same! Thanks, @Magpie!

3 Likes

I received some more happy mail! :blush:

From @Bunny1kenobi I received this cool June/space themed card with a note inside, thank you! :blush:
21hmtbfbkar1

And from @Reinikka I received a letter, a cool shiny ATC and a vintage fold out letter/postcard with touristy photos! Thank you! :blush:

9 Likes

Recently back in town and playing catch up! Thank you @Ewulotta @GeekyBookworm @bluebird @madebyBeaG and I realized a non-Lettuce card snuck in the pic too. Whoops!

Max loved the mail for him as well! Perhaps I’ll be able to get some mailing done while waiting out this awful (hot) weather. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

This craftalong opens up a lot of fond memories for me. My dad was military so he was often sent away for a year or so. The only way we had to communicate was through mail. In 1972-1973, he was sent to the far north of Turkey along the Russian border. He wrote to my mom a few times a week.

My mom got a job working at Tony’s Pizza putting pepperoni on pizzas that passed by on a conveyor belt. She liked the job, and at the time, she made the most money she ever had (I believe it was 1.75 cents an hour). Anyway, here is an excerpt from my dad’s letter when she told him…

oh my…lol

8 Likes

I’m sure that was considered loving & doting at the time. I’m choosing to read the love between the lines :heartpulse:
If my partner said such a thing to me I would have him for lunch.

5 Likes

I bought more ___ to make more ___. I could only find it in a slightly smaller size, but it still works. I’m finding the off-brand ____is as I suspected and not as easy to work with.

3 Likes

I am glad times have changed…that would not fly in my house! But, it is a snapshot of time…women also do a lot harder jobs and no one ever asks if they are tired…housework is tiring…ugh…lol

3 Likes

It was Tea o’clock at my house yesterday too. @Magpie your newsy letter was a joy to read! It felt like a family Christmas letter.

4 Likes

@Magpie your happy mail arrived!
I’m waiting until just the right moment to have a cup of coffee & open it
:heart:
Thank you so much! You make so many of us happy over & over!

2 Likes

I wondered who was more coffee than tea. Honestly we should add that icon to our user names, it’s such a definer!

3 Likes

LOL
I actually really like both – have recently been buying as much tea as I have coffee, I do believe!
Good idea on adding the icon, LOL

2 Likes

I like both too :smirk:. It only works for the diehards

2 Likes

Poll Time
Vote for September’s Theme

• Schooled in September
  • September Spelling Bee
  • Spectacular September
  • September Sunrise
  • Something Special in September
  • September Singalong