Happy Mail Craftalong 2022, The Year of Colors ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

@kittykill, I’m taking a break from happymail but I have something for you that’ll be on it’s way shortly :slight_smile:

1 Like

I received some lovely happy mail from @jemimah the other day!

4 Likes

Me, too! Gorgeous bird art and house art.
Mailed in June, so it took its time traversing the continents.

Edited to add picture:

6 Likes

@curiousfae you are an amazing watercolour artist!

11 Likes

That is gorgeous!

1 Like

I received some wonderful happy mail from @jemimah! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you @Amfkinney and @endymion for lovely happy mail!!

3 Likes

I got them at the thrift shop!!! First and section editions…brand new decks of words! Lol

2 Likes

I received a great summery card and some papers from @endymion today–thanks!

One of these days I’ll get around to actually sending out some more happy mail. Thanks to everyone who keeps this machine rolling.

4 Likes

Some of you are going to find a random postcard in your mailbox from me. I joined Postcrossing earlier this year and was telling my dad about it. Thinking he was helping, he sent me a parcel with close to 70 prepaid Canadian postcards in it. Just one problem, over half of them relate to Alberta where I used to live, I want to mail cards relating to PEI where I live now. My solution is to slowly use the Alberta ones for LC happy mail because I know you’ll all be happy getting mail from anywhere.

My dad is a philatelist, collecting anything to do with Canada Post. He buys every prepaid postcard printed, usually 5-10 of each, keeps one for his collection, sells some to his collector friends in the US and Europe and the remainder go in a storage box. The 70ish I received didn’t even put a dent in his stash.

12 Likes

I have gotten a card from @endymion :heart_eyes: (im a bit over due with this one, so sorry)! But I think the day it got in my mail, it was very much appreciated since I had a not very good day. So a beautiful mail warmed my heart!

3 Likes

I made six cards for August Gold :open_mouth: now to see if I actually get them out in the mail… :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@Whistlefish sent me the nicest hand-written note and envelope full of goodies. Sorry it took me a couple weeks to post my appreciation!

10 Likes

I finally got my act together and posted a few cards…. Hopefully I can send more before the end of the month :grimacing:

6 Likes

I’d been waiting to send because I’d hoped and believed I’d have some really great news to celebrate in my next group (I haven’t been too active, this year, sorry!) Sadly, the news I’d expected did not happen, so I’ll have to adjust my thought process when I prepare to send my next cards.

4 Likes

May i sign up or is it to late? I will send it in August so should i wait to sign up until then? I’m very new so trying to learn what to do still :nerd_face:

1 Like

You can sign up anytime and you can follow the monthly theme suggestion, or do your own thing. You can send as many or a few. Just be kind and have fun! Those are the basic “rules” here.

2 Likes

@Lynx : Is it required still i complete my 30 day wait period? Although, when i am able to send in August, it’ll be over. Thank you for answering my questions!

No, this isn’t a swap, so you can join in. This is a craftalong. You don’t make “claims,” you just ask for addresses and send happy mail as you like!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I guess I add a little about myself here?

I’m 59 years old and I’m married with two fur babies of the barking variety. I live in the beautiful Ozark mountains of Northern Arkansas.

I love to craft; junk journals, ATC’S, drawing (really a beginner) and pretty much anything to do with fabrics.

Some of my crafting theme interests are: steampunk, vintage, fantasy ( dragons, fairies, etc…) , and much more

Crafting materials i like to use are fabric, paints, beads,Charms, napkins, paper and all manner of goodness.

I would love to have a pen pal or two and love to send letters and snailmail. I love to read, mostly fantasy, historical romance (with an actual story).

Favorite foods: salty, sweet and not to spicy. I love to try new things from all over. I cannot, however eat anything with to much dairy. Milk mostly.

Perfumes and anything with perfume in it i can’t wear. But love wax melts.

I hope this is okay and not to much info. I really never know how little or how much to put down. But I’m not picky! I just love finding little things on the mailbox: :blush:

9 Likes