Happy Mail Craftalong 2022, The Year of Colors ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Hey, everyone.

I want to apologize for anything I did that may have bothered anyone by posting so often about what was going on in my life and not sticking with the happy mail theme.

I’m going to remove myself from the craftalong and site until I’m healed.

I know that I posted that it is my birthday month. If anyone had wanted to mail me a birthday card, please don’t. My best friend’s birthday was the day after mine. I have nothing to celebrate this year.

5 Likes

Deleted post.

Ooooh boy… I won’t have time to edit our participants list until Saturday but I wanted to check-in with you guys after what I’ve seen.

This Craftalong welcomes life updates and small chit-chat but I would like to keep things positive as much as possible. Sad things happen, letting people here know that is ok but let’s not dwell on them here. A quick “Hey guys, sad thing XYZ is happening in my life so I’ll be slower at crafting/sending” keeps the update in-topic for the Craftalong. Anything more should go in the lounge.

I’m truly sorry for you and your friend @LadybugsAndBees, we’ll be here when you’re ready to come back. Take all the time you need to heal :heart:

10 Likes

Due to staffing issues, we have a few extra days off school. I’m hoping to use some of that time to prepare and send out a little more Jan happy mail.

5 Likes

Hi everyone!! I recently received some very fun Happy Mail from @BeesKnees and @bluebird !! Thank you.

Thanks also for the comments on my Wax seals on my recent Happy Mail. My BFF @Bugaboo gifted me a nice set for Christmas. I love it and it is so much fun!

Anne

4 Likes

Hello again :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m making plans for the year while my kiddo is working on a secret recipe in the kitchen :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’m not sure if I should be trusting him… but it’s given me time to sketch out some ideas :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: so…!

For this year I would like to have one umbrella theme and each month will have a sub-theme under that umbrella. Here are my umbrella ideas, please share yours if you have any and I’ll set up a poll in a few days so everyone can vote for their favorites

:open_umbrella::open_umbrella::open_umbrella:

• Colors
  • Animals
  • Foods
  • Crafts
  • Art/Artist styles
  • Music
  • Literature
  • Places
  • Plants
5 Likes

One more thing I want to address as the craftalong organizer:

It is completely acceptable for someone to ask for others not to send them Happy Mail, but if you have already sent something before they have asked, and/or you forget and send to them in the future Please do not feel bad about it! You doing a nice thing should not turn into you feeling like you made a bad decision. This goes for recent events, past events, and future events. :heart: (Minus stalking/harassment behavior, don’t be a creep :wink:)

Now Lettuce get back to a Happy Mail year :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

I " tried" going on vacation last year but the Happy Mail never stopped filling up our mailbox, lol. And I didn’t mind! It’s lovely hearing from all of you, never feel anything but good about sending stuff to me :slight_smile:

I have envelops addressed & a 2 sided news letter printed out to reply to everybody but now it looks like I’ll be flying to the other side of the country to help manage a family emergency.
So, I am on vacation again. If you read this, hold your letters please, but no worries either way.

12 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear of your family emergency. Safe travels. My heart is with you.

I sent some happy mail a few days ago, but magpie, I’ll hold off a bit for you.

Take care.

2 Likes

I received happy mail from @bluebird, @Amfkinney and @Lynx. Thank you all! Now that happy mail arrives at our new home it feels even more like “home” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

With the husband gone for the evening I hope to finally sit down and write some cards that I made last weekend :relaxed: I still haven’t got my desk (still too many full boxes in our bedroom so no space for a desk) so I have to “work” in the living room where we still haven’t got a lamp above our dining table :crazy_face: One step after the other!

8 Likes

So sorry to hear that, stay safe!

I received wonderful Happy Mail from @BeesKnees, @Amfkinney and @bluebird today!
Thanks again for brightening my day!

2 Likes

Poll Time

Pick your favorites! You have through Friday the 21st to vote. Once a theme is decided for the year I will make a list for each month’s theme and share it when I’m done. Suggestions for the months will be welcome but I would like to have the year all planned out by the end of Monday the 24th. You can message your ideas to me or post theme here :slight_smile:

2022 will be the Year of…

• Colors
  • Animals
  • Foods
  • Crafts
  • Art/Artist Styles
  • Music
  • Literature
  • Places
  • Plants

0 voters

• Reminder that this is just for fun! No one is required to follow the themes :wink: :upside_down_face:
3 Likes

I received a card from a secret admirer. LOL! I left the card downstairs but I will post it soon. It is hysterical.

6 Likes

I received Happy Mail from @Renstar !
Thanks again!

1 Like

Thank you @Renstar for the happy mail and stickers!

1 Like

You’re very welcome

1 Like

I actually managed to get some mail out, whew! I ran out of US stamps though so mostly to Canadian and overseas people.

2 Likes

I’ve been slacking on posting but have received some lovely happy mail the last week from @Amfkinney, @BeesKnees, @bluebird, and @Smmarrt! Thank you all!

I’m hoping to get some happy mail out this month but I seem to be overcommitting myself + work had been super busy lately.

6 Likes

I received from @bluebird and had to share the drawings she put on the envelop and letter …

9 Likes