Happy Mail Craftalong 2022, The Year of Colors ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Was it in last year’s thread that someone mentioned the Eire mail envelope art swap? I just thought I’d drop in & mention that sign-ups for that are open if anyone is still interested. (not related to LC, just I think I heard about it from someone here.)

4 Likes

Got a lovely card and watercolor flower from @photojenn… thanks so much!

3 Likes

I got Happy Mail from @endymion today!
Thanks again!

yay! that didn’t take TOO long…maybe the postal service is doing better these days
glad it got there ok

@Immaculata, that is the wildest story about your postal worker!

@Magpie, since you are back from your trip, are you ready for more mail? Just checkin’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh, me! I’m a March baby == the 19th

2 Likes

@kayrun I don’t have you on my list of participants for this year… Did you make an intro post that I missed?

1 Like

Grrl, you should have a BC postcard from me any day now. I am IN!

3 Likes

Got a sweet little card from @photojenn last week. Thank you!

3 Likes

Possibly not LC happy mail related, but I received a mystery cookie delivery this weekend with no info as to the sender. So if you went to the trouble of sourcing a local bakery and having them send me cookies, thanks, you next-level happy mailer!

(That seems like an unlikely explanation for them, but this once happened, so I wouldn’t entirely put something like this past you lot :wink:.)

6 Likes

I got a postcard from @Magpie! :blush:

3 Likes

I received a lovely card and gorgeous flower in some of my favorite colors (gold and paynes grey) from @photojenn! Thank you!

22hpwabffpjh

8 Likes

Hey guys, life is getting a bit too much for me right now and I can’t send out cards at the moment. I will try when things get settled but right now I think I need to step back.

9 Likes

I signed up for the envelope swap. I think @Edel mentioned this last year.

3 Likes

I have been under the thumb of my illumination project, but now that that is done. I plan to send out some happy mail in the next week or so

3 Likes

@thanate and @Smmarrt I signed up for the envelope swap too.

3 Likes

oopsie, I must have forgotten…
hopefully I can polish up last year’s & reuse it…give me a min.

1 Like

my belated intro, LOL!
I am Karen G & this thread makes me happy :slight_smile:
I’m especially fond of spring (except for that dratted Daylight Savings Time…ugh)
I celebrate Easter & enjoy both religious & secular cards.
Also, I have a birthday this month, and am thrilled to still be alive in the midst of a pandemic :birthday:
I hope that one day this group can have another meetup like the one I was able to attend in Asheville a couple of years ago (hey, a girl can dream, right?) I think about all of you often!
I enjoy knitting & am trying to get the hang of crochet, but it doesn’t compute all that well for me. I’ve always admired you gals who can paint, embroider, and make cool papercrafts!
@Reinikka, here’s the intro!

eta: @Magpie wow! right after I read this, hubby checked the mail & told me I had a postcard from BC! great timing! Thank you SO MUCH! I needed a bit of happy cheer this week & will put it in on my stack to answer shortly! :heart:

9 Likes

Sent out a few pieces of happy mail this morning!

7 Likes

I just stumbled over this new thread tonight after having been away from LC for a bit, falling off the Happy Mail wagon in December. But I’ll be back tomorrow morning. I love you guys!

7 Likes

I got Happy Mail from @Magpie today!
Thanks again!

1 Like