Happy Mail Craftalong 2023

yay! looking fwd to seeing you around the craftalong!
The kits sound great!

I bought a pack of kraft cardstock postcards, and am trying to get inspired to do something with them! So far I’ve thought of using washi tape for a geometric design, and of course doodling/ zentangle type drawing. Oh, and I have a few rubber stamps I could use.
I’m trying not to buy any more supplies, since I have so much stuff around here!

4 Likes

also, I’ve been lax about mentioning birthdays in this thread (sorry!)

so…do we have any June birthday kids?

1 Like

I’m a June birthday. June 16th. I have cards to send out. I need to get some stamps this week.

6 Likes

Woohoo!
A June bday! Happy bday in advance!
I just ordered some postage stamps on Amazon to avoid another trip to the PO, LOL

5 Likes

I always order from usps.com. I think they only charge about $1.50 for shipping and you can order as many stamps as you want. You can also order their flat rate boxes and envelopes.

7 Likes

Hi happy mailers! 4 x 6 art is the perfect size for mailing with just a stamp. Just in case you’re interested, the 4 x 6 Art Swap is on now, make some art and sign up by 3 July! All experience levels welcome :grinning: :art:

3 Likes

I received a letter from @Lynx, hope you have lots of fun with Merlin this summer. I used it a lot during spring migration this year.

4 Likes

got happy mail from @kittykill – thank you!

am in the midst of a busy season with family, but hopefully in a week or so I will be able to send a few cards out

Do we have any July birthdays coming up in the group?

4 Likes

Thank you @wittychild for the card I received today.

3 Likes

I got Happy Mail from @Cindy today!
Thanks again!

4 Likes

I’m in need of sending and recieving some happy mail, is there an address list? If not, can people pm me their address please and tank you.

6 Likes

Update: Thank you for such a quick response! I now have 3 people to send happy mail to, so I’m going to close this “offer” (for lack of a better word). Once I have sent to them and had a little break, I will update this post again. I’m looking forward to putting together some happy mail!

Original Post

I would love to send some happy mail to anyone who wants it for any reason :slight_smile:

If you’d like to receive something in the mail coming to you from the first capital of Canada, also known as “The Limestone City” and the place “where history and innovation meet,” please PM me with your address. I’d like to send to at least 2 people to start–first come, first served :slight_smile:

I just got super cute stamps and I’m itching to use them :slight_smile:

P.S. I overuse smiley faces. If you ever meet me in person, you’ll understand why :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’d be happy to join in for some happy mail sending and receiving…but also, more important than myself, my kids would love some mail. Ideally, both kids would actually love to have some pen pals with regular or semi regular correspondence. I have a 9 year old going into 5th grade (who has a couple of pen pals already and would love to write to other kids anywhere in the world, or even adults from other countries) and a 6 year old going into 1st grade who has never had a pen pal and would love to send and receive pictures and shorter letters to another kid. If any happy mailers have kids that might be interested in being penpals please PM me. (And if there’s a better place to post this let me know, it’s just hard to find people that write actual letters these days and I figured since you all are such a lovely bunch it would be worth a try). Thank you!

9 Likes

Hi,
We don’t have an official address list this year, but hopefully some of our happy mailers will exchange addresse with you! I for one am happy to do so & will send you a PM now.

also @LindyBlues and @HeroicHatchling , welcome to the Happy Mail discussion thread! I’m glad you have jumped right in. I hope there are some kiddos who could send mail to your kids! I remember being in junior high & joining a pen pal group – one of my penpals and I wrote to each other for about 10 years!

2 Likes

I have an idea for August happy mail… I was recently in a swap over on Ravelry where we sent short poems on postcards to others in the group – I wound up searching for haiku online and found some really nice ones to send out. It has been a blast receiving all sorts of poems in the mail, so I thought I would throw out the idea here to see if anyone is interested in doing something like this?
pinging some of the frequent posters in the thread:
@madebyBeaG
@bluebird
@wittychild
@Lynx
@megwell
@Cindy
@endymion
@Renstar
@Camelama
@kittykill

5 Likes

I have several postcards ready to mail, I’ll put poems on them.

2 Likes

I like this idea, I could get on board with this. It gives me a focus

2 Likes

I enjoy writing poetry, haikus included. I would be interested in sending some postcards.

2 Likes

I’ve got oodles of postcards just itching to be sent. This could be fun!

3 Likes

Sorry, massively busy at work, my crafting time is alas limited & already budgeted!

2 Likes