Happy Mail Craftalong 2023

I received a postcard with poem from @bluebird today, thanks!

2 Likes

You are hilarious!
And I love the card, @bluebird !
Now I want to buy a pack to send out

4 Likes

Thank you @bluebird for the postcard and poem

Thank you @Renstar for the beautiful ATC and note.

I got these about a week ago (I think), but I hadn’t had time to post.

I really appreciate receiving your thoughtful mail. Thank you :heart:

9 Likes

I like them both!

And while I’m posting, I’ll try to add the photo of the card @bluebird sent a few weeks ago
Hopefully it’s the right photo…. Can’t check it right now

9 Likes

Thanks, @megwell , for a funny happy mail surprise!

Is this part of your Use It Up mission?

6 Likes

This was part of my Postcards by 5s project. I mean, I am trying to hold myself accountable for using those postcards, but truth be told, they’re probably part of the cause of my use-it-up journal. A lot of the stuff I’m putting in there is on my table because I got it out for that project and never put it away :crazy_face:.

3 Likes

Thank you @wittychild for the birthday card!

4 Likes

I received a really amazing surprise today! @AIMR sent this beautiful bluebird cross stitch and pretty art card! This was so kind and generous of you! I love it, thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

awwww, a blue bird for a bluebird! pretty work, @AIMR

and @megwell , your postcards are so well done for being a quickie project! I can’t imagine 15 seconds per card? Did I read that right?

4 Likes

It averages out to 15 seconds per card for each of the 5 stages. So more like 1.25 minutes per card, plus whatever unlimited “free play” you put in at the end. I think I ended up at maybe 4-5 minutes per card average. Not counting gluing stuff down properly; I sort of tack glued everything during the timed stages and then went back and really stuck it down after the timer went off.

2 Likes

very impressive, I say!

1 Like

I’m feeling a bit down lately and I think it would cheer me up to make & send some happy mail. Would anybody be willing to exchange addresses with me? Feel free to send me a message!

I’m not sure yet whether I’ll do postcards, cards, or zines, I guess it kind of depends on the person, but that’s part of the fun of happy mail, right?

8 Likes

(oops)

I received a great ATC from @Renstar! Thank you! Off to put it on my fridge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad it arrived, but that has me confused. I thought it was yours that was returned with alleged fake stamps, they are not fake. Will have to investigate…

5 Likes

Hi! So sorry I am just seeing this post – for some reason, I don’t think I’m getting notifications on this thread.
I’d be happy to exchange addresses with you, and hopefully by bumping this thread up, you’ll get some others who will send happy mail also :slight_smile:
Glad you stopped by when you were feeling down – happy mail always does the trick @ cheering me up & I hope it will do the same for you!

2 Likes

I swnt you a message :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@kayrun, if you select ‘Watching’ from the drop down menu at the bottom of this thread, ‘you will receive notifications because you are watching this topic.’

1 Like

thank you! I guess I only had it on Tracking, which must be different

1 Like

I received a lovely ATC with a sweet note from Ren. Thank you so much! It was a cheerful surprise in a stressful week. Much appreciated!

3 Likes