Happy Mail Craftalong 2023

I haven’t even looked at this thread since May :sweat_smile: but I can’t tell you how happy that makes me! :joy: Sorry/NotSorry but I’ve had so much on my plate this year that it’s nice taking a break from one responsibility. I ended up taking a job in January :stuck_out_tongue: that I HATED!!! But it prompted discussions with my husband and we decided I would go back to school to do something I actually want to do :heart: Then in July I got my dream job!!! Seriously, I LOOOOOVE it!!! I have loved every single day. I wish I was full time because I honestly love it so much :laughing: but I’m also going to school again so I just don’t have the time. This week has been extra crazy because the car my husband drives got broken and was out of commission for four days and during that the van I drive had it’s battery give up on us :sob: so multiple repair & replacement bills later :money_mouth_face: along with a loss in school time equal a terrible week :sob: :sob: :sob: but I was able to get most of my school work done on time, and we have savings and family to help us out so honestly not as terrible as things could have been…

Anyway, all that to say I received the most AMAZING happy mail today!!! I’m going to display it on or around my work desk and I’ll share pictures then :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Postcards (with poetry) heading out this week …

12 Likes

Those are fantastic! I love the circles. The lines are really graphic…the addition of the dots makes them really interesting!

3 Likes

I’ll regrettably have to skip this one due to health reasons.

2 Likes

So glad you found a job you love!
Sorry for the car issues…… ugh
Keep on chugging along!
Thx for posting & looking forward to your pictures :blush:

2 Likes

These make me smile!
Thanks for keeping the happy mail train going :heart:

And @madebyBeaG , I completely understand! You may still find some cards in your mailbox, but no obligation to reply :heart:

4 Likes

Look at the adorable birthday card I got from @wittychild!

(Sorry for the skewed picture.)
Thanks so much!

10 Likes

Cute!
And happy birthday!

2 Likes

I jist received my first item(s) from a fellow Lettuce Crafter on Thursday! Thank you @madebyBeaGa! I love my happy mail :heart:

Please excuse the computer cord lol

11 Likes

I have been too disorganized for mail for the last 10 months or so, but I’m finally getting my things back together. I bought five stamps this morning and I’ve already finished three cards. By the end of this weekend, there’ll be 5 envelopes on their way! I still owe a lot of people a lot of happy mail. Last week I already finished a whole bunch of Christmas cards that I left unfinished last year, so at the very least you’ll all get mail in December!

7 Likes

Don’t worry, you don’t ‘owe’ anyone Happy Mail. There is no obligation.
Life can get very busy and you put a lot of work into your (embroidered) cards.
If you do get around to sending some out, they will be received with love.
And in the meantime enjoy what you receive!

9 Likes

what a treasure trove from @madebyBeaG ! so sweet

and @Immaculata , glad you are getting back in the happy mail game, but try not to feel obligated – just send what you can when you can!

5 Likes

I think I forgot to officially thank you for the postcard with the cute haiku from your kiddos!
well done!
Thanks so much!
Made me smile

3 Likes

@Cindy’s doodles always make me smile.

And check out these cool vintage stamps!

Thank you! :grinning:

11 Likes

I got a really cool postcard from @Cindy!

Thank you!!

You have beautiful handwriting!

Also, I love the stamps! Where do you get these?? Please tell me your secrets :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My dad has been a stamp collector most of his life, he’s 85 now, and had to downsize last fall when he moved into an apartment. He’s been sending me boxes of his ‘excess’ which includes old, unused stamps and 100s of postcards.

6 Likes

I received from @LindyBlues last week but forgot to post a thank you and photo, oops.

Obviously she stalked me and found out I like birds. It came in a hand made envelope that I cut up and used in my art journal during Sunday’s art zoom.

The Bluejay is an atc :smiley:

11 Likes

So glad you received it! Thank you for our very first happy mail postcard!

5 Likes

I got Happy Mail from @LindyBlues and it is amazing!
Thanks again!

5 Likes

Last weekend I sent out a few simple things, this weekend I’m going to try to send some more :slight_smile: I found another 4 stamps in my address book and my goal is to use them all. I’m going to attempt a bit more papercraft, it’s not really something I’m good at, and I’m always a bit apprehensive about working with glue or paint, but it’s something I would love to learn!

9 Likes