CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

RubeusUmbrella I love you cap!
PrincessP Wonderful watercolor, I have been wanting to learn more about watercolor. I shall have to make use of the link.
Trillian Wonderful blankie, I am jealous I have been wanting to foster a kitty but my local shelters don’t have any available currently. They have had great success getting fosters and adoptions die to Corona.

1 Like

Hey @RubeusUmbrella! Welcome to the HP Craftalong. Gryffindor House is glad to have you. :slight_smile:
:heart::lion::heart::lion::heart:

1 Like

It’s Friday so i guess i’ll wander closer to that A.S.P. I proposed last year… maybe i’ll even fondle the yarn! :yarn: it’s our 5th anniversary this month after all!

2 Likes

LOL AntBee you are too funny!

1 Like

Advanced Studies update: I spent a quiet evening away from my ongoing blanket project and now the ASP yarn is rolled balls in a yarn bowl instead of hanks In a plastic bag… one step closer!

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Chapter 8
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
Brief Description: I’ve been baking a lot of banana bread during the pandemic, but this week I felt like I really needed to try something new. So I looked up a bunch of banana recipes, all of which sounded delicious, and all of which required a different amount of banana. I decided I’d mash up the bananas I had, then make whichever recipe best fit that amount. I’m so glad I had exactly 1 2/3 cups of banana, because that worked out perfectly to make these bars.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Moonstone Amelia Shawl
Brief Description: I’ve been trying to stash bust during the pandemic, so I decided to try this simple shawl pattern, that uses a single cake of Lion Brand Shawl in a Cake. The pattern is a free one, called the Amelia Shawl from Moogly.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Lotus Blossom Amelia Shawl
Brief Description: Since I liked how the first came out, I made a second stash busting shawl.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Honey
Project Name & Page Link: Honey Orange Chicken
Brief Description: I wasn’t sure what I wanted to cook with honey, but when I looked around my house, I noticed I also had some oranges to use up, and I had some chicken thighs in the fridge. Match made in heaven! I steamed some carrots, and stirred them into the chicken and sauce, and it was delicious.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Guys. I swear I have been crafting and making this entire time! I’ve also been working from home and now having to help my kids with their distance learning packets as well. I had more free time before all this hit! Lol
Anyway, I have emptied my afternoon today to make time to post all the things I have been working on.
And I have been lurking and seeing all of the fabulous things you all have been creating! Things will be much easier after next week is done. Distance learning is no joke and 4th grade math is hard! Lol

3 Likes

Right? I’m so confused when people say they are bored. :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you!!

I received a lovely prize from @Trillian for the Hufflepuff Scavenger Hunt!

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum
SPEW or LC Contest: LC - Lettuce Help Our Communities Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Set of 4 Masks for Ana
Brief Description: A friend asked for a few extra masks, as she has to be outside the house a lot, so I whipped up 4 more for her.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Class or Challenge Title: Detentions - WIP
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Will add one when I make my own post
Brief Description: One of my longest standing WIPs! I got these bee blocks in a quilting bee in around 2012 I think. I chose the colour scheme and designed the block colour layout. I finally pieced the quilt top, quilted and hand bound the quilt and finished on May 10 this year. I’m so in love with it. I love snuggling up with it on the couch, and I’ve been using in on my lap while I’ve been working from home during Covid-19.

Project Picture:

8 Likes

@PrincessP that quilt it lovely, it looks so snugly.

@MistressJennie that yarn looks awesome. Lucky you.

1 Like

That’s a beautiful quilt! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey there guys! I am going to start my project turn ins with all of my 10 Expecto Patronum Challenges. Whew! Here we go!

Class/Challenge: Expecto Patronum (LC round 1)
House: Ravenclaw
Project name and Link: critter masks

Description: This is the first two masks I attempted to make. I learned that I need to make sure to put my fabric the correct way or the critters will be upside down and you have to rip out your seams and start over……

Project name and Link: 2 masks for Ashley
same as link above
Description: I made these for a friend who’s kiddo I teach. One for her and one for her kiddo. :slight_smile: I love the teal and brown combo.

Project name and Link: Black floral mask and black and white plaid mask for Stephanie O
same as video link above
Description: I love these colors and prints. These two are for a friend and her husband. Steph brought them over in exchange for making masks and - bonus! - I got to keep the extra fabric!

Project name and Link: 3 lovely floral masks for Stephanie’s girls
same as video link above
Description: Steph has 3 girls that look super cute in these floral masks. These are the other masks in the photo above.

Project name and Link: **Black plaid and white with black swirls masks
same as video link above
Description: I got to use the extra plaid i received from my friend to make a mask for Jamie’s husband and a white print with black swirls for her.

Project name and Link: Pirates and skulls masks
same as video link above
Description: I made two very fun print masks for Jamie’s boys, pirate and skulls themed!! The other two masks in the above photo.

Class/Challenge: Expecto Patronum (LC round 2)
Project name and Link: Mom and kids trio
https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/?pid=1258#picgallery
Description: I made these A very favorite family! I watched their kiddos after school at our Rec program. It’s really hard not getting to see them when I would see them every single day!

Project name and Link: Brown and teal floral mask
Description: This was made for My neighbor! Don’t worry - I wash all the masks I make and give :slight_smile:

Project name and Link: Black and red plaid mask
Description: Mask for my neighbor again! Once again, I wash them lol.

Project name and Link: a gray floral and another with blue dots
Description: Two masks made for Carol and her husband.

@Audania - I have that critter fabric too! I will have to pay attention to the directionality if I dive into it for masks

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Vintage Yellow Doll Dress
Brief Description: Awful picture (we’ve had rain all week) but I sewed a dress out of some really cute vintage yellow fabric.

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Green Bubbles Dress
Brief Description: The fabric for this dress reminds me of bubbles rising in a fishtank (although if the water is that color in your tank I imagine something has gone horribly wrong).

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Heart Quilt Top
Brief Description: After making 2 quilt tops for Edel in the Go Bananas Swap, I was still riding the high of stash busting quilt fabric, so I decided to use up some of the multitude of 2.5" strips I had on hand, and make the Have a Heart Quilt. Most of the rainbow of colors was already cut into strips, but after watching a Youtube video on how to manage your scrap stash, I went through my scraps and cut up all the long skinny pieces into more strips. The ivory is a linen-cotton blend, from a set of sheets. The fitted sheets had worn threadbare so they got trashed, but the top sheets were in great shape. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Strawberry Balsamic Jam
Brief Description: Making jam requires lots of bubbles. You have to boil the jam hard for a full minute, or it won’t set. This was a small batch whipped up yesterday so the wealth of strawberries I found on sale at Kroger wouldn’t go to waste. (I bought a TON of fruit, and even eating lots of it, I couldn’t get through it all on my own!) I actually used the recipe for a small batch on the side of the jar of pectin I was using, and even though I’ve tried, I cannot find the exact same one online. So I have linked one that is pretty darn close above.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Wow! That quilt top is amazing! And that jam. That jam sounds amazing!

Thanks! I forgot the black pepper I was supposed to add at the last second, but it’s still delicious.

Woohoo! I remembered today! Anyone making progress?!?

1 Like