Stash Busting Amelia Shawls

I saw this light, simple shawl pattern, that uses just one cake of Lion Brand Shawl in a Cake and knew I had to give it a try. I had several cakes in my stash, so I pulled out one and got to hooking. The colorway is Moonstone.

I actually had more yarn left as I was winding down, so I did an extra row of V-stitch, and an extra row of single crochet around the edging. It’s a super fast pattern. I somehow only took one picture of the shawl being blocked. Special thanks goes to @StudioANF who snapped real pics of both shawls for me.

I liked how the first one came out, and had more cakes of yarn, so I decided to make a second one out of Lotus Blossom. I must have been using a looser tension, because I didn’t have extra yarn with this one, but I wanted it to match the first one, so I used a pinch of a second cake to do the same extra row of V-stitch and single crochet edging. Maybe 10-20 yards of a second cake? I love how the pattern shows off the gradation of color in the yarn.

9 Likes

The colors are so beautiful!

1 Like

These are lovely!

1 Like

So pretty! I really like the colors. The blue one reminds me of the ocean or dunes.

1 Like

Omg I’m in LOVE. If you ever want to do a personal swap with me for like, ANYTHING, in exchange for something similar let me know cuz just… omg. Beautiful.

1 Like