Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2023

Go Gryffs!

I am finding that outside influences/stresses have made me less crafty of late- i’m busy but not more than the average bear, but I am finding it hard to finish (start, do) crafts right now. I also tend to pick more long term projects (like a sweater) so they take extra-forever.

I like the idea of fewer prompts for several reasons- general housekeeping for the leader for one, and perhaps it would encourage more active participation for another, kind of like the general craft-alongs seem to have. Maybe a few categories rather than all specific prompts with added challenges for more specific goals is a good way. I loved the old swaps like Madam Malkins and I Want to Live at The Burrow, maybe a few categories like things you’d find in specific locations could be broader inspiration prompts.

Just some thoughts as I sit on my porch, yarn adjacent, avoiding my housework of the day…

4 Likes

Congrats to Gryffindor! :smiley:

I know I would post more if we dont have prompts, as I dont always find a way to get some of my project to fit. But I do love the prompts and to plan and try to make a thing specific for the prompt.

Your idea with a small handful of prompts sounds good too, that way we dont loose it! And maybe its easier to make something for a prompt if you dont have lots of others to choose from.

6 Likes

Congrats Gryffindor! :lion:

2 Likes

Congrats Gryffindor! :heart_eyes: :trophy:

I voted! I think it would be easier to post if we could just put pics, but I also love the prompts. Maybe people could post inspiration prompts, but nothing would have to be tied to them? Sometimes they really get my creative juices flowing and make me try something outside of my normal intentions. There wouldn’t necessarily have to be a prompt for every class, but if someone felt inspired to add one they could? Just kind of thinking out loud here…

4 Likes

Well here’s me getting the end of term completely wrong, I thought this term ended in June…
:sweat_smile:
Oh well.

1 Like

Perhaps classes with an optional prompt, but also an "i made tjis for [DADA] because [It helps me protect my mental health].

1 Like

:sparkles: :steam_locomotive: :sparkles: :heart: :sparkles: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :mage: :sparkles: :unicorn: :sparkles: :books: :sparkles: :owl: :sparkles: :scroll: :sparkles: :telescope: :sparkles: :broom: :sparkles: :steam_locomotive: :sparkles: :heart: :sparkles: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :mage: :sparkles:

Hello Friends! Well, the summer is nearly over, and as promised, I’m here to ask how you all are feeling, and what you would like to see happen with the HPC. I’ve taken your suggestions to heart over the last few months, and have pondered ways to make participation easier, and hopefully more joyful. Are folks interested in seeing the HPC return? Or have you moved onto other craftalongs or fandoms? Are there any ideas for the HPC you’ve thought of over the last few months you’d like to share?

:sparkles: :steam_locomotive: :sparkles: :heart: :sparkles: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :mage: :sparkles: :unicorn: :sparkles: :books: :sparkles: :owl: :sparkles: :scroll: :sparkles: :telescope: :sparkles: :broom: :sparkles: :steam_locomotive: :sparkles: :heart: :sparkles: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :mage: :sparkles:

2 Likes

I would like it to return. But maybe on an easier level, maybe not as many prompts, so that the prompt-makers can have just fun and not stress too much about being super creative with the prompts.
I do miss to have a craftalong to plan for, even though my plans not always got made.

I dont know if it is possible to do something like the Nerd-craftalong, with a couple of classes being the main event each season (classes that rotates, so next season its other classes), and then we get a Headmistress prompt each month. Or something like that?
I do like to have many classes and all the things that the old HP-craftalong had. And more prompts during Xmas and everything. But I do understand that is a bit much.

Definitely looking forward to it coming back in any form!

Would love to see it back! Even if we are just posting stuff and making up what class it would be for. :slight_smile:

The magic continues…

4 Likes

Just a little reminder as we head into the holidays: please don’t forget LC this year! We enjoy this place for all the fun swaps, inspirational craftalongs, and incredible inspirations. We have formed some lasting and amazing friendships. And we have done it cost-free. Please think about giving to show your support and love for this great community! Let’s keep this Craftalong going for years to come!

1 Like