Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Sept-Dec 2023

All beautiful stuff, but the bowl….wow!

2 Likes

I love all the scrappy projects!

Project Title: Dark Gray Sweater Yarn
House: Slytherin

This is the last of the dark gray roving from Sheep Shed Studios. Admittedly, I pitched a couple ounces because it got dusty when they sanded my bar top last week and I didn’t want to deal with it. I combined the two bobbins of singles while plying and ended up with this monstrous 155g/408yds hank. I’m calling my sweater spin complete with 3 pounds spun up, even if I do have 12 oz of brown left. This isn’t the nicest wool to spin.

3 Likes

@tendstowardschaos You are on fire! So many amazing projects but you made that plaid shirt?!?! I thought it was the project going to be some mending or something since it looked just like something I would buy from a shop. Amazing!

@skrutt Those badgers are so cute! And I’m blown away my that teeny tiny dragon.

@MistressJennie Those potholders look just like stained glass. So pretty!

3 Likes

Thanks!

Thank you! :smiley:

Hooray! Another term! :slight_smile: I’d like to add an advanced study project. I’m working on a roombox :slight_smile: It all came as a kit, but absolutely everything is made from scratch. I guess I should finally finish that throw for Muggle Studies, too! It’s nearly done!

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Reducio!
House: Hufflepuff
Brief Description: I’m making a 1:24 scale roombox from a kit. All the materials are in the kit, but everything has to be made from scratch. I’m substituting a few things to make modifications that I like better.

Inquiring minds want to know - what scale will your roombox be?

Advanced Studies project proposals still need a Header (mostly so I don’t miss them going by). Be sure to add one for me. Or go up, and adjust your last post, so I see it when I go by doing House Points sometime this week.

1 Like

@MistressJennie Thank you! I’ll adjust it. :slight_smile:

@Trillian it’s 1:24 scale. I want to do some 1:12 ones though, too :slight_smile:

Project Title: Canned Raspberry Jam

Inordinately proud of this one - I’d helped out with water bath canning growing up, but had intimidated myself out of doing it for several months. But everything worked exactly as it should and I can work through the fruit freezer stash now.

I did also get up to the first muslin for my Advanced Studies project during the break, but it fit so poorly I basically threw it down in digust. It’s probably been in time out long enough that I can safely tackle it again.

6 Likes

I hope your next muslin works out. But, yay! Jam!

Mmmm… Raspberry jam!

Project Title: Socks for nephew
Finished a pair of socks today, meant for my nephew. But I noticed I have made the cuffs? sleeve? (the part that goes on the leg) different lengths! They differ 1 cm. And now Im not sure if I should make new one. The kid is 3 years old, so he can use them this season and after that they are too small…
But they look good if you dont know :wink:

5 Likes

They look great! And the kiddo won’t care.

1 Like

Thank you! And Im glad you think so too!

Project Title: Large Sari Silk Bowl
House: Gryffindor!
More Sari silk bowls, and some coasters for my dad’s birthday.

Project Title: Medium Sari Silk Bowl

Project Title: Sari Silk Coasters

Project Title: Purple Rope Trivet
And a trivet for mom’s kitchen, so she wouldn’t feel left out.

Project Title: Purple Cord Catchers
Swap Item: LC Grab Bag Swap
I made two of these for my two partners in the Grab Bag Swap, but forgot to get pictures. I snagged this one from kayrun’s post in the gallery, hence all the other stuff around it. The fabric is some of my solar printed cloth, and I was able to use up some ugly ceramic and glass beads as the weights inside.

Project Title: Scrappy Dishcloth
Swap Item: LC Grab Bag Swap
When I made up my two packages for the swap, I had a lavender purple dishcloth for one, and for the other a bar of lavender soap. I decided to make it more even by including a scrappy dishcloth with the bar of soap package, and a scrap of soap in the solid dishcloth package. I love how cheerful this scrappy little friend came out.

4 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

The morning zoom call gave me the opportunity to weave in some ends, so I finally have something to show for myself. Fair warning that all I’ve wanted to knit this year is doll sweaters and dishcloths.

Project Title: Brown Variegated Doll Sweater
Hufflepuff
In the realm of looking for things to use up sock yarn that isn’t a pair of socks, we have a doll sweater for busty dolls (short row shaping in the chest is quite noticeable). This is my 2nd sweater using this pattern and this time around I went with garter stitch edges instead of ribbing.

Project Title: Pint Size Dishcloths
Hufflepuff
The standard Granny’s dishcloth but made slightly smaller to get two out of an undersized skein. Started the decrease at 40 sts instead of 45.

Project Title: Headmistress’ Challenge September - Quarto Bookbinding
Hufflepuff
I got back into bookbinding over the summer. This is my 4th project of the recent rekindled interest and I am super happy with it. 120 pages, quarto size (quarter of US letter). Except for the filler paper all the materials (book cloth, binding board, scrapbook paper) had all be in stash for 10+ years.

6 Likes

Project Title: Tea wallets for STS
LC Swap Item: Shop The Swap

Procrastinating on my bigger sewing by making tea wallets for the STS. I used the tutorial here:https://justjude-designs.com/teabag-wallet-tutorial/

5 Likes

That’s so cute! I love the fabrics.