Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2022/23

Is the Hermonie worksheet updated @MistressJennie

Not yet. I’ve had guests, then been away. Hoping to get to that this weekend.

1 Like

Thanks, I was trying to make sure I wasn’t missing things.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 1
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Double Pumpkin Block
Brief Description: After making the regular pumpkin block below, I just had to make another with alternate sized pumpkins, a tall skinny orange, and a short round white one.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - October
Project Name & Page Link: Pumpkin Quilt Block
Brief Description: This quilt block includes a cute pumpkin! I actually altered the original block to make it a 12" block to fit with my other Halloween blocks.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - October: Saudi Arabia
LC Contest: All Things Being Equal
Project Name & Page Link: Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Tahini Blondies
Brief Description: These blondies contain an unexpected ingredient… tahini, a staple of Middle Eastern cooking.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Lemon & Herb White Bean Spread
Brief Description: This delicious spread is so much more than a humble collection of pantry staples.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

@melg78, Hermione’s Homework Planner has now been updated!

2 Likes

Just 2 DAYS more for everyone to enter their own cool project into the Craft The Equinox Challenge!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

It’s time to vote in the All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Housewarming tea towel
Brief Description: Made for a friend who’s an amazing baker and has made her own homemade macarons to commemorate them buying a house!
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Ghost origami
Brief Description: I followed a written tutorial to make this wee ghostie for the craftalong “Craft this in your style.”
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
LC Contest: Equinox Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Autumn Mug Rug
Brief Description: I had no idea how this was going to turn out. I originally had a scrappy wall hanging idea in mind but the yarn had other plans and this (somewhat emotional) mug rug was the result.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

That’s a really pretty mugrug, I love the colours.

Are we doing an ornament swap this year? Currently watching movie #2 and it makes me think of all the amazing ornaments I have on my HP tree over the years. I’m happy to organise it, if there’s interest

2 Likes

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Cozy Boot Toppers
Project Link and Description: I used this pattern to make some new boot toppers for myself. I wanted them to work with my combat-style boots, so I made them smaller around than the pattern calls for and they turned out great! Rather than doing 10-12 repeats, I only did 8, and they fit great!
Project Pic:

5 Likes

So, the Midsummer term was a complete bust for me :frowning: A few out-of-school issues seriously killed my crafting mojo, but luckily these are now more or less resolved and I am feeling more like crafting again.

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club Chapter 1
Project Name & Page Link: Dessert for dinner with friends
Brief Description: We had been invited to a friends for dinner this weekend and I offered to take dessert. Now, I could have gone for something simple, but instead I decided I needed to put together a dessert grazing board. All of the dessert items were purchased, but the three dips were all made by me, as well as putting it altogether. There were 8 of us and we gave it a good go, but there were definitely some leftovers!

Chocolate Ganache dip - Finely chop 8oz dark chocolate, heat 12fl oz double cream until it just reaches boiling point and pour over the chocolate. Leave for a couple of minutes and then start stirring. Keep stirring until it comes together into a glossy sauce. Pour into container and allow to cool. If needed at a later date, keep in fridge, but remove 30 mins or so before required, to allow it to soften back to room temperature

Caramel Cheesecake dip - Mix 2x8oz packs of cream cheese until smooth and blend in 1 cup of caramel. I also added a pinch of salt, but that is my preference. Mix tablespoon of caramel with a tablespoon of double cream and use to decorate. (Also really good with salted nuts either stirred in or sprinkled over the top, but I didn’t have any this time.)

Cherry Swiss Meringue Buttercream, used as a dip -
https://www.craftybaking.com/recipe/print-text/swiss-meringue-buttercream-flavored-jam
Note - I replaced the preserve with blended sour cherries in a heavy syrup, drained well. I used some of the syrup to decorate the dip - it was so good!

Project Picture:

8 Likes

What an amazing spread! Everything looks delicious!

1 Like

Meanwhile…

When you’re wondering if mandrake is on the menu…

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book club
SPEW or LC Contest:
Project Name & Page Link: Fresh water pearl wire spider
Brief Description: I got the pearls and just HAD to make something, and this spider was a lot of fun
Project Picture:
cf2b5ea7eda0758e39b4fc714bbe54a1939b1246_2_373x500

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress challenge October
SPEW or LC Contest:
Project Name & Page Link: Pumpkin and lentil soup
**Brief Description:**This contains a lot of pumpkin, so lovely soup :heart: It’s also vegan! -link to recipe-
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef october
SPEW or LC Contest:
Project Name & Page Link:
Brief Description: I love this stew so much I’ve already made it three times in October! Had to share with people who visited. -recipe-. I also split it and made one with cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and one without, because my son preferred the one without the “strange Christmas flavours”
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Iron Chef for November!

:cuba: Cuba November kicks off holiday season here in the US, and things start to get a little busy. Enter Cuban comfort food: arroz con frijoles negro, Cubanos, and fried plantains are quick and delicious options!

3 Likes

OMG the mandrake is adorable XD

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Wedding shawl
Brief Description: I think this is my oldest current WIP - it was originally supposed to be for my wedding, which was in 2018. It’s the Emiliana shawl pattern, and the middle section is a very pretty slip stitch pattern that doesn’t translate at all because I didn’t understand value in colorwork yet. Still happy it’s done.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Beautiful! Congrats on finishing!

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
Project Name & Page Link: Friends Mitts
Brief Description: A pair of mittens is the epitome of ‘doubling up’ and encompassing the numbers 1 and 4 (1 thumb, 4 fingers). I also used a written pattern to transform this yarn into something new.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Leather Jedi Belt
Brief Description: Using the movies - and the work of other cosplay artists - as reference, I pieced together this Jedi belt. I purchased the (functional!) buckle, and went from there. I did need to buy two sets of hardware as the leather was much too thick for what I had originally found. Ultimately, I managed to create something that was a decent approximation of the film costume.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Jedi Tunic, Obi, Tabards
Brief Description: I made a Jedi costume for my DH this year. He was thrilled!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Garter Stitch Shawl
Brief Description: The hand-dyed yarn in this shawl was dyed by my DS1 when he was four years old. I have been saving it for a special project for 6 years, and am excited to wear his art project this winter!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
SPEW or LC Contest: Halloween Costume Entry 2022
Project Name & Page Link: Pirate Shirt
Brief Description: I used an old paper pattern (Simplicity 4219) and a bit of imagination to create this muslin shirt for my Halloween costume.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Linen Pirate Jacket
Brief Description: I gave myself permission to splurge on fabrics and notions for this jacket that I have been wanting to make for years. The main fabric is a linen blend, the buttons are stamped brass, and the trim is velvet. I love how it turned out and it was so wonderfully comfortable.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge - October
Project Name & Page Link: Pirate Vest
Brief Description: An integral part of my Halloween costume this year, this vest was made from satin brocade, with pretty brass buttons.
Project Picture:

7 Likes