Harry Potter Diffindo TM patch

I made this for a personal swap with @PrincessP. Diffindo is a Harry Potter charm that means to precisely cut something. I thought that was most appropriate for a crafter.
I had been working on the base fabric for some time without a plan for it. I cut strips of black and white fabric, wove them together, and stitched them securely to one another with decorative stitches. Then it sat around for a long time until this TM patch opportunity presented itself.
Embellishing fabric without a plan has become a way to soothe my anxiety this year. A no-pressure project is good sometimes. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

The patch turned out great! I almost wish I could see more of the stitching and weaving you did with the background fabric. I’m the same - been making little embroidery weaving for absolutely no purpose to give my anxious energy somewhere to go.

1 Like

Fantastic! I love doing slow stitching projects for the same reason as you…just takes me to another place for a while…love the different fabric and embroidery…and yes, a nice, no pressure swap is always a good thing for the spirit!

1 Like

Me too, Embroidery is my self-soothing practice.

That’s a powerful piece. You could use it to cut off negative thoughts, too.

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

I initially planned to show more of the weaving and decorative stitching. However, the lettering blended into the surrounding stitches too much. I had to add the starburst effect to make the word stand out.

I hope to do a similar weaving in the future where the weave and the background stitching are more visible. I just don’t know what that project will be yet.

1 Like

That technique would translate easily to a bigger embroidery piece, or a prayer flag even.

1 Like

I actually did use this technique for a prayer flag!

Hope Prayer Flag

1 Like

This came out awesome! Love the blend of stitches. :heart:

Whoa the prayer flag is amazing! Def a cool technique.

1 Like

This is AMAZEBALLS.

YOU’RE AMAZEBALLS!!!

1 Like