Hasten to Halloween Craftalong (Sept)

Just need to do a few more coats of purple, but these are basically done. Hopefully they last at least a month. I just ‘primed’ the soles with gesso and use folkart multi surface paints and black archival ink stamped. Use mod podge to ‘seal’ them.

10 Likes

That is some of the best stamping I have ever seen, and on a non-flat surface to boot (or shoe, in this case)! I always get that extra corner smear on flat paper. Ha! And you configured them so there are no gaps or overlaps. I’m True my impressed. The shoes are so fun!
What color laces are you going with? Ooh! Glow in the dark would be cool.

3 Likes

Those shoes SCREAM “Halloween!!!” Phenomenal! I agree with @gozer about the stamping- you have some serious talent there!

2 Likes

Lol thanks guys, the stamping certainly isn’t perfect, but I realized early on I wouldn’t be able to wipe it off and try again as the ink dries quickly and is very permanent so I just had to go slow.

Silly me realized I painted one old shoe and one NEW shoe. I love these shoes and have only bought them for the last three years. I think I hay just paint the other new shoe, halloween and maybe paint over the old one and make another set of custom shoes.

I would love black and white stripes or halloween laces, or just black or purple. I usually use no tie silicone shoe laces, I will have to see what colors I can choose from

I also painted this little shelf for my kitchen, if you didn’t know, my kitchen is halloween themed year round!

12 Likes

Epic.

I would be a little worried about the solvency of the modge podge should they get wet. So, check weather first!!! Otherwise, go forth and be envied!!

1 Like

I love seeing what everyone’s up to! I’m not much of a decorator because I used to hardly ever be home. Now I’m home all the time. This spring and summer I’ve spent a lot of time gardening but with winter coming up I need to bring some festive cheer indoors. This is my first piece for Halloween!

(or see Here ) It’s about 5x5 inch and it was very quick to stitch up. Now I just need to find a frame.

13 Likes

@Immaculata I love your stitching!
And @audity a halloween kitchen?!? thats my dream come true!
I am watching a Bill & Ted marathon and stitching this lil guy

12 Likes

The pattern you are stitching is really cute as well! Do you happen to know the designer?

1 Like

The witchy stitcher

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I made this haunted house

11 Likes

That is glorious!

2 Likes

“I made this haunted house”

So modest. This haunted house is so much fun. Its bountiful. And spectacular.

Ok, I love it.

3 Likes

I just finished a mini cabinet

More pix here Halloween mini cabinet

14 Likes

Wow, another amazing creation. So detailed and full of spooky goodness.

2 Likes

Thanks. It is a wooden advent calendar I bought at Michaels.

1 Like

Yes! Now this is an epic Halloween advent!

2 Likes

So much awesome Halloween fun!

I’m making a set of kitchen towels for my son and DIL. This is the first:

Not sure why this pic is so blurry…

And the second:

10 Likes

Oh man b1k, that first design is sooo neat!

2 Likes

Thank you!!