When Witches Go Riding cross stitch

Stitched this up for Halloween! I’ve got a new shelf that I want to dedicate to seasonal decoration and Halloween will be the first theme! I just need to find the right frame for this one now. Pattern is When Witches Go Riding by the Prairie Schooler.

25 Likes

It looks great! I think the jack-o-lantern is my favorite part.

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! I’m definitely a fan of this art style for Halloween related projects.

2 Likes

You are so fast at this! The black cat is my favorite, because cats. The entire piece is so festive and awesome.

1 Like

Me too! I don’t like the really creepy Halloween type decoration, I’m not a horror fan. I love friendly vintage Halloween.

Every square became my favourite when I was working on it but now I’m done I can’t choose. I’m a pretty fast stitcher but this is also a pretty quick pattern to stitch - only a few colours and the pattern is quite predictable, you don’t have to count all the time. I stitched it up while watching Netflix.

2 Likes

How did I miss this? It is wonderful!

1 Like

So tiny! Love this piece!

1 Like

Framed it!

5 Likes

This looks so great framed!! Well done :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! I never used to have seasonal decoration except for Christmas (and not even every year because sometimes I felt too tired to even haul the box downstairs) but now I spend all of my time at home I want it to look nice. So this is the first fall/Halloween item. I normally put off framing stuff because I hate it and I’m not good at it but this one was worth the effort!

2 Likes

Great piece; and, looking at it brings back old fond memories of halloween’s gone by.

1 Like

This is such a great-looking piece…I love that vintage feel! :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

That turned out great! I love that vintage Halloween look and given the times we’ve been living in, the figures look a little like they’re on a Zoom call! :smiley: You’ve done an excellent job on the framing.

1 Like

I made a small ornament for @artsycandice in the Halloween Advent swap from the same pattern! It’s here Halloween cat ornament

1 Like

I just love the vintage Halloween look!

1 Like