Hat Embroidery Inspired by a Friend

I have known @Bajita since the early days of Deadster. I still have all of the beautiful things she embroidered for me in various swaps. So of course, when I saw this post, I was inspired to try this on some hats that I originally purchased for my husband.

They are brimless caps. He wore them for a while but now in warmer weather, he wears his straw beach hats or a bandanna. Instead of giving them away, I decided to embellish them a bit so I can wear them to festivals and outdoor events to prevent the top of my head from getting burned!

The other hat is black so I think I will make it a Halloween themed hat.

I was going to keep it simple…yeah, that didn’t work out…each “panel” is just free form stitching…

30 Likes

That is simply stunning! I love it so much, wow. All that colour & texture, you could just look for hours.

2 Likes

Wow! Ah-mazing!

2 Likes

Wow, that is gorgeous! Perfect for a festival!

but Winter is Coming, won’t hubby want his hats back?

2 Likes

so cool!
just lovely – this is why I love this community…we inspire each other to make beauty in the world :heart:

3 Likes

So fun and cool in a go-with-the-flow kind of way. I love it!

2 Likes

Love the colorful stitching!

2 Likes

BEAUTIFUL work AIMR! :heart:

3 Likes

Just so gorgeous!

2 Likes

That makes for a special hat!! I was going to ask if you had a pattern for the hat itself, but that seems purchased?

Super surface for doing embroidery!!

1 Like

I love love LOVE this!!! So fun and colorful.

2 Likes

He wears the hats I crochet or knit for him on the few days it drops below 50…ha ha

Yes, they are purchased from a company that makes brimless hats. Kinda like a beanie but out of fabric.

Thanks, all, I had fun and it was a good project to get me going again.

2 Likes

What a charming style. There’s something quite sassy & jaunty about those caps…

1 Like

They were a start up when I first purchased them and only had the one style with limited colors. They used to have yellow and pink but I guess they are mostly catering to a more select group now (skateboarders, musicians, etc. that want a cap but no visor)…oh well, I wish I had purchased a few more back then…they were also a lot cheaper! ha

1 Like

Love that you were inspired by another post, yet made this completely your own. It looks amazing!

3 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

This is fabulous, what a gorgeous, tactile surface!!

1 Like

This delightful and will be so fun to wear!

1 Like

What a great looking upcycle project.

2 Likes

This turned out so fun and pretty!

2 Likes