Hexagon earrings

So… There is a little story with these earrings.

They are made from the first run of plastic in my husband’s injection molding machine. He made a mold for a simple hexagon chip to use for testing new plastics and new techniques. I immediately grabbed a handful of the cooled off runners from the first run and stuck them in my craft stash.

I clipped the hexs off the sprue, drilled holes in them, and stuck some jump rings through - silver plated jump rings and ear wires. The hexagons are raw polypropylene with no colorant. I’ll probably have another pair when he does color runs :wink:

I made these earrings mostly to keep a commemorative item that is useful from the first run. Its been a journey for him.

25 Likes

They’re really cute. And the sentiment behind them is wonderful.

3 Likes

What a great way to create a memento!

1 Like

They are super cute and neat-o momento.

1 Like

I love that you created a keepsake of the occasion. He’ll think of it every time you wear them.

1 Like

They’re cool on their own and then the backstory makes them super cool!

1 Like

What a great upcycle of something with such a great meaning. I love them! Hexies are such a great shape!

1 Like

YES! they are the accent shape we use EVERYWHERE in our place :slight_smile:

Neat way to support what he is doing in a beautiful way!

1 Like

How cool are these?!

1 Like

:revolving_hearts: Eep! Your stupendous craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

THANK YOU, this is awesome!

1 Like

Oh, WORD! These are fan-freaking-tastic! & you just reminded me I meant to make some hexie earrings for my lovely bee friend…

1 Like

These are great! And congratulations to your husband!

1 Like

Thank you!