Hexie Linen Towels

I have a huge order of linen arriving any day now, so I thought I better finish using up some of the linen I bought specifically for towels. I wanted to do something different than embroider them like I did the last two sets. I had a bunch of hexies left over from other projects,so I picked out a color scheme to go with the linen stripes.

The other sets are for gifts, but I think I will keep this set since red is my favorite color!

28 Likes

Oh my gosh, how gorgeous are those?! I get they feel amazing to touch. And is that gingham with ANTS? That is fabulous fabric, the best!

I would like a large order of linen arriving at my house, ha ha! You know what happened though? Our linen fitted sheet tore so we replaced it and I saved the sheet for fabric. Of course I did. I won’t make hand towels out of that but maybe a smock for myself to paint in, why not?

4 Likes

Yes…it was fabric I got in the hexie swap…the same person sent me the black and white tomato pincushion fabric…I saved them for something special, and guess I am the lucky winner! lol

I mostly use linen to make notebook covers or to embroider on…@edel sent me some more of her fabulous printed fabrics that I want to use…it is just such a versatile fabric…I have enough towels now to replace the ones that have virtually become rags over the last 20 years!

A painters smock or apron out of linen would be fabulous! This order is a heavier fabric that I want to try my hand at dyeing or printing…with summer almost here, I can use outside to make a mess!

4 Likes

That person would be me! I recognized them immediately. I should have bought the entire bolt of that ant fabric when I had the chance, because I only have a few scraps left. The pincushion fabric comes from me and I think the black fabric with the white dots as well, I think that’s a leftover bit from the Ready, set, go! Baby quilt .

My hexie project will soon be done, I love seeing what other people did with their hexies! I think lots of people must still have boxes full of hexies. Sadly I don’t think our swap partner from Wales is on Lettucecraft, but she requested tiny tiny hexies and she made gorgeous quilts. I would have liked to see what she did with them!

2 Likes

These are magnificent!

2 Likes

I thought it was you! I had saved pictures of the hexies I got from everyone…I am so glad I saved them for something for me!

I don’t have loads of them…I used many to make hexie flowers for notebooks and also some hexie making kits…I remember making tiny tiny hexies for AmazonWarrior(?)…she made some incredible things!

And your own hexie quilt…making it without repeating a fabric? Can’t wait to see it as well!

lol Thanks for contributing to this project! They are hanging in my kitchen…my husband asked if they were just for show…I said “no”, but please do not use them to mop up anything that will stain them! ha ha ha He said he will just dry his clean hands…

3 Likes

You can’t miss with your towel embellishing! This really shows off the hexies nicely, both the intensity of their colors vs the subtlety of the woven linen as well as the difference in texture.

4 Likes

Nice selection of black and white and red all over!I

I too am jealous of the idea of a large supply of linen showing up to my door.
Also.
Jealous of the “not raggy” towels. :wink: I think for your 20th anniversary you should be able to have a new wedding shower to replace the stuff that’s worn out since your last one.

3 Likes

These are so beautiful!

1 Like

I saw these and swooned! Absolutely perfect!

1 Like

I love these. I have a secret love of hexies since I saw them on an old fashion pillow case once (I can’t remember who made it, though :slightly_frowning_face:) Love the colors and the style of these!

3 Likes

lol We move the microwave my parents bought us for our first anniversary! I have been married for 42…a long, long time…lol

1 Like

I love these so much

1 Like

Thanks, everyone…I have asked the company to make more colors! I would love to do some green ones and also orange!

1 Like

Those are so pretty and sleek!

1 Like

I searched up ants on gingham fabric and got lots of hits! Nothing in Canada, of course, but it’s out there for y’all if you want it. I just totally get a kick out of it on kitchen towels, that is just too, too funny to me! :smile:

2 Likes

I like this color combination, it’s very pleasing :slight_smile:

:fireworks: Hot dog! :hotdog: Your super cool project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fireworks:

2 Likes

So great :smiley: I bet they really brighten up your room xx

1 Like