His and Hers Christmas Socks - Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge Entry

Over the holiday season, we always try to plan one day of lounging on the sofa together watching Christmas movies. I always try to make an item of clothing for us for that day. I previous years I’ve made a couple of pairs of flannel pants, and they’re nice, but we have enough pants for now. And as I’ve been on a sock knitting kick this year, I decided to knit us each a pair of socks.

His on the left, mine of the right. The yarn is West Yorkshire Spinners Signature in two colours (Cayenne Red and Fairy Lights). The pattern is their annual Christmas pattern. I wouldn’t use it again, it was difficult to read. I’ve knitted a lot of socks, next time I would just knit my go-to pattern instead of this one.

27 Likes

Good colors! I think they would be very cheerful on a cold winter day to walk around or lounge with matching socks! Nicely done!

1 Like

These are so festive, and I love your tradition. Slowing down and enjoying time together. Sounds perfect!

3 Likes

And enjoying leftovers, obviously ! Plus, in the Netherlands it’s customary for employers to give staff a food basket as a Christmas gift. So lots of holiday food to enjoy.

2 Likes

So cute! The colors and pattern are very festive without being super specifically Christmas which is AWESOME.

4 Likes

Socks! These are so cheery & fabulous. I just love them.

1 Like

Very cute! Love that yarn.

1 Like

Are those self-patterning socks? They turned out great!!

1 Like

So sweet!

2 Likes

Yes! Only the solid red bits are a different yarn. Some people have comfort foods, I have comfort crafts - sock knitting with self-patterning or variegated yarns. All the effect and none of the work.

4 Likes

I like that term! “comfort crafts”!

2 Likes

These came out so fantastic!!

1 Like

We all have them, right? The kind of crafts you reach for when you’re feeling stressed or tired or unhappy and just want to do a simple thing while watching Netflix or something. For me that’s cross stitch and sock knitting.

4 Likes

Lol mine isnt a “craft” so much as Scrooge McDucking in the yarn stash haha!

6 Likes

gorgeous! so well done – enjoy your lounging tradition!!

At first I thought you meant you each got one sock but I do see another behind his :smiley:

2 Likes

What a sweet tradition! Your socks are lovely.

1 Like

I promise there are 4 socks in the picture!

I hadn’t originally planned on posting these in a seperate thread, only in the Sockalong, so the picture I took wasn’t great. And I didn’t want to take a new picture because they’re already wrapped up and hidden now.

They are also unblocked, as I’m sure they’ll be put on immediately and I’m not sure the recipient would even notice :laughing:

5 Likes

These came out beautifully! I love the stripes. They look so festive and cozy!

1 Like

:scissors: :yarn: :heart: Congratulations! Your lovely His & Hers Christmas Socks are a Featured Project this week! :heart: :yarn: :scissors:

3 Likes