Ho-ho-Homer in the Hedge

When I saw this pattern on Etsy, it wasn’t a matter of if I was stitching it, but when. And luckily, I got it finished in time for Chrismtas - hooray! For those who might not be up on their Simpsons canon, it’s a seasonal riff on a well-known meme.

He’s stitched on 14-count Christmas green aida and fits into a 4" hoop when done. The pattern uses only whole stitches and relies on the backstitch to create dimension and definition. I’m especially pleased with how my French knots turned out for his pupils!

Thanks for looking!

26 Likes

What a great twist on the meme! And a great job stitching.

1 Like

The French knots made his eyes! This is great…love the holiday take on this iconic image!

1 Like

The green aida is perfect! That black outline really brings it all together. Lovely stitching!

1 Like

Love it - your stitching is so perfect!!

1 Like

This is so great! Excellent stitching and subject matter. Love the festive twist. I might need to make one for Mr. Road for next year… :thinking:

2 Likes

Hilarious!!!

2 Likes

When I first started to type this post, Lettuce Craft informed me that this topic appeared similar to the Homer Jay Simpson felt badge you made me. :yellow_heart: So if ever a project was fated to be…

2 Likes

Me too! I think I even have a piece of green aida somewhere. If that’s big enough I could start soon…

1 Like

Fabulous!

1 Like

Fun and funny!

1 Like

I didn’t know that was green Aida until I read it, so cool! I still remember a lot of lines from when I was heavily watching the Simpsons in high school… A lot of years later and it’s still going :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Hooray! This holiday masterpiece is a Featured Project! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us. Keep creating and sharing in 2024! :tada:

2 Likes

Eeep! Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

I love this! The green aida is the perfect shade! I totally thought it was green stitching until I read about the project. What a lovely little keepsake!

1 Like

I think this is a great job.

2 Likes

LOVE it! Such a fun hoop!

1 Like

So funny!

1 Like

Love the simplisity and vibrant colours. It is very festive and a great addition to your holiday decor. Great job.

3 Likes