Home decor and renovation craftalong

It looks really nice!

1 Like

That looks great, happy “accident”!

1 Like

He does good work! I just love that color…almost like a butterscotch gold!

1 Like

Very nice!!! :smiley:

1 Like

We’ve cleared out the temporary house and I’m cleaning it now … we have to hand in the keys by 10am tomorrow but I hope to be done today. These things are always more work than you think they will be but I’m nearly done! Then at last we’ll be back in our own house. We’re living in our bedroom now, we have electricity upstairs but not yet downstairs, and we’ll probably sleep on a mattrass on the floor tonight but at least I’m home!! And the coffee machine works :laughing: We couldn’t find an essential part of our bed in our storage unit, I found it this morning, but I don’t think we’ll have time to build it before dark.

11 Likes

Good luck with your move! I hope you two get the sleep you’ve earned even if it is on a mattress on the floor!

A place to sleep and a working coffee machine are all you need, really! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Being back is the best thing ever! We built up our bed in roughly it’s original spot and the entire upstairs of our house is now clean enough to walk around on bare feet. There’s no furniture aside from our bed except one kallax cupboard and nothing to entertain ouselves with, so we’re hanging out on the bed playing music on spotify. Feels a bit like being a teenager again. Tomorrow I’m picking up two chairs from our storage unit so we can sit somewhere. It’s kind of odd to live in a very familiar house but the light switches aren’t where you expected them and the sounds are different.

This will be our life for the next three weeks until we have a floor downstairs! But I already love this house :heart:

11 Likes

Oops, the sound of running water woke me up:

I don’t think water is supposed to leak out of the boiler… :thinking:

1 Like

Oh no! Hope it’s an easy fix.

2 Likes

Yikes!

1 Like

Oh no! I hope this is a quick, easy, and inexpensive fix!

1 Like

Our first furniture delivery was this morning. New sofa and cabinet (for all our board games, puzzles, etc.). And, yes, we are currently using an empty storage bin as a stand for the playstation. :joy:

And the crafting corner is slowly filling up. I will probably get the rest down here once the pegboards are hung.

The treadmill and pull-up tower are set up and in their places.

And, I know it’s silly, but I need a rug and my husband loves the movie…I found a rug almost identical to the rug from The Big Lebowski (the stolen one, not the one that was peed on). So, I need to order that. It’ll really tie the room together. :wink::joy:

10 Likes

I JUST watched that, lol. Gorgeous rug for an excellent space. Yes, it will really tie the room together.

2 Likes

Nice! That cabinet really is the perfect size for that space, and it’ll hold a lot of board games.

2 Likes

Your crafting space is going to be a haven for you!!

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, that cabinet would not fit if it were any larger.

Everything is in a weird sort of limbo right now…it’s like half done. I mean the remodel is 98% complete, but now the house is just chaos as half the furniture is not in place. The books can’t be put on the shelf because the bookcase might need to move to accommodate the furniture that isn’t here. The craft stuff can’t be organized until the peg boards are hung and the back room storage shelves are set up. The other bookcase and the boxes of books are just hanging out in the dining room. Craft stuff all over my living room. I feel like my house is one of those puzzles where there’s only one empty space an you have to slide all the pieces around until you can manage to get it in the right order. :joy:

7 Likes

Hang in there! I have moved 33 times and that limbo feeling is not pleasant, but all will fall into place!

Before you know it, it will be just as if it was there just as you wanted forever!

4 Likes

I’m glad we rented a storage space and put all of our stuff in there. We don’t have much here except a bed, two chairs, some clothes, the coffee machine and of course some tools and cleaning supplies. Still, feels like we’re moving stuff all day every day.

4 Likes

That’s how we felt moving from TN to a rental in IL, only to move into the real house 3 months later. It’s like we were always moving something somewhere for so many months.

3 Likes