Home is where we are together

My contribution for the January stitchalong. It’s based on a bridal pattern in CrossStitcher and was adapted to resemble is. It’s stitched on 28 count lime green linen and framed in 4 inch hoops. The hoops were painted using an acrylic paint marker. Hadn’t worked with those before but it’s ideal to paint a hoop: easy to work with and almost instantly dry. This is two layers of paint.

And before framing:

The colours in the first picture are the best, the fabric really is really bright lime green.

25 Likes

I was wondering where you got your lovely hoops! I have seen colored plastic ones but never liked them much…

Your stitching turned out very cute and the final presentation is just as nice!

Lime green is one of my favorite colors as well…if you look anything like your stitching, you are just too sweet!

1 Like

absolutely wondrous!

:shamrock: :metal: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Well we have noses in real life :smile: but there’s certainly a resemblance. I have very fine hair so the messy bun is what I look like most days. Mr Imma has very tight curls so he looks like this in the morning after a shower, and then during the day his curls will start to bounce back into shape until they are standing almost upright. I tried to capture the texture of his hair but it’s impossible in cross stitch. The colours roughly match too - he’s auburn and I’m blonde and we’re both very pale, typical north Europeans.

ha ha well, it is the general likeness and I think you captured it!

Awe. This is so cute! I love them both. Also love the bright, fun nature of them.

1 Like

These are so lovely!! and the lime green fabric is a great touch too

1 Like

These are just so special and so brilliant!

1 Like

They are adorable! I love the details, especially the “messybun” look, and the colors are well matched.

1 Like

I love these!!!

1 Like

These are so cool; love the style of them! They remind me of those pairs of portraits that couples would have painted in the 1800s… but obviously with a colorful and modern twist.

1 Like

They are adorable :smiley: Both are perfect I think, cute and well stitched

1 Like

Sweet :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Very sweet!

1 Like

They are so sweet!

1 Like

So much fun! Great job!

1 Like

Aww, these are so cute and sweet! Utterly romantic.

1 Like

Those are adorable! :heart:

1 Like

Wow! Every time I try to cross stitch I remember how long it takes. I can only imagine the time and love you put into these!

I’m a pretty fast stitcher, I think about 4 hours each! And they were so fun to stitch because they start to look like people very quickly.