Horizontal ATCs?

Hello,

I’m wondering what people think about horizontal ATCs. I haven’t seen many, but some subjects would fit better horizontally (some landscapes are one example).

What are your thoughts? Like? Dislike? Indifferent?

4 Likes

ATCs don’t got a lot of rules & orientation isn’t one for sure. Go for it!

4 Likes

I’ve always gone with whatever orientation the card seems to call for. I’ve never seen anything that says they can’t be horizontal, as long as they’re still the standard dimensions.

Of course, if whomever I was swapping with specified they wanted vertical, I’d stick with that.

3 Likes

I’ve made horizontal ones just because the subject matter needed horizontal. Like megwell said, if whomever you’re crafting for wants them to be vertical and makes a note about it, then that’s what ya do. :grin:

4 Likes

I also do horizontal…and I have received some amazing horizontal ATCs. I also have some that can go either way and be cool (like some of the doodles and my amazing optical illusion card from @endymion )…

5 Likes

Thank you for the input, everyone!

2 Likes

Had to go searching for them, all 3 of these foxes are oriented horizontally. I think it works!

4 Likes

I’ve made and received numerous horizontal ATCs, whatever way my idea fits best I use.

2 Likes

I never saw those! So cute!!!

3 Likes

Those foxes are so cute! I think I missed a lot of projects in 2020.

3 Likes

Unless the person you’re making a card for has a preference listed, then I would just use the orientation that the subject matter needs. :slight_smile: I’ve done horizontal cards before since the subject matter seemed to fit that better. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cute foxes! I never saw this post before. :slight_smile: :fox_face:

2 Likes

I do a lot in Horizontal. The “official”-ish rule is:
they must measure 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches, and be flat enough to slide into a standard trading card sleeve .

But the “rules” have been bent and rewritten over the years. We even had a swap of chunky ones back on the old site. At first, collage was not allowed “officially”. It had to be hand-drawn (painted, etc.), but LC is pretty open to interpretation.

1 Like

Some of my favorite ATCs that I made were horizontal!
Converse

Have fun, and let your imagination and creativity be your guide!

5 Likes

Your drawing skills :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love your foxes :heart: :fox_face:

1 Like

I thought I was looking a huge canvas sized pictures, not little ATCs! Wow, @gozer…those are fantastic…

1 Like

These are fabulous @gozer!!

@LindyBlues I’ve also made ATCs both ways :slightly_smiling_face: - looking forward to seeing some more of your ATCs!

2 Likes