How Many Times to Get it Right Crochet Cowl

I have been working on reducing my stash…there is a reason some of the yarns have lingered in my stash for some time…I mostly lose interest in the original project that I bought the yarn to use…I am now working on picking a project and working on it quickly so that the yarn doesn’t become stash…

@Lynx posted a cool pattern that recommended bulky yarn…I thought I had given most of that away but found six skeins left in a bin…

I started making the cowl with one skein and ran out quickly…frogged it…then decided to do alternating rows with another color…hated it…frogged it… decided to do a color block and came up with this…hate it and it is too stiff to wear…the yarn is not drapey at all…it is like wearing a cervical collar…ugh…You can see the soon-to-be-frogged one here

Finally, went down a hook size, increased some stitches, and used a very lovely soft yarn gifted to me by @loves2experiment…this one is a keeper!

15 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Very pretty. :blue_heart:

1 Like

It may have taken a while to get there, but I do love the end product. And glad it will be soft and comfortable to wear. The pattern is so cool!

2 Likes

Love it in that color! Worth all that frogging!

1 Like

Thanks for the pattern link! I get overwhelmed looking for patterns but when a friend posts something, it makes it easier for me! I will be making this one a lot now that I finally got it right! lol

2 Likes

I might be more inclined to make it if I had enough yarn to finish all the row repeats. Not having enough made my tails a weird size for weaving, but it turned out ok.

I liked your scarf…it just goes to show that the pattern is versatile…a more open weave is probably more suitable for me in a warmer climate…plus, it looks like lattice, which is so cool…you went funky, I went traditional…lol!

I was looking at it thinking, that looks like the same colors. Then I clicked the link and got it. I like this color better anyways. Beautiful design. Glad you stuck with it!

1 Like

Ooo! It looks so soft and luxurious. It really is a neat pattern! You made two of them so quickly!! (Perks of chunky yarn I suppose. :upside_down_face:)

Chunky yarn and only ten rows! I did the first one using HDC just like the pattern. I did the second one using DC, which slowed it down a bit. I just love the weaving part the most.

1 Like

Very cool! Er, warm? Both!

1 Like

I love the look of this! Very cool.

That looks snuggly.
It’s so interesting how different yarns can make such a big difference in the resulting look.

1 Like